SaabCentral Forums banner

Is debadging an AERO Fresh or a Faux Pas?

• Fresh

• Faux Pas

Debadging: Fresh or Faux Pas?

655 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Stolerant
When it comes to removing all but the SAAB Scania emblems on an AERO...

What do you reckon? 馃榿

Please vote. It will determine which route I take on mine ;)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Debadging only works well on curvey body lines IMO. For the 9000 I think badging is characteristics of the era and well deserved as a statement of automotive history and quality. If it were a Honda accord, who cares...

Registered
I think de-badging a car makes it look like a 16-year-old drives it. I'd say faux pas for sure. Kinda like wearing skinny jeans when you're 40.
IMO upbadging makes a car look juvenile (see every V6 Mopar with a Hellacat badge or every "Cobra" ecoboost/V6 mustang).

My other car is debadged. The rear is incredibly clean looking, which I find much nicer. When it goes by most ppl don't know what it is & it definitely is a nice conversation starter with ppl that enjoy talking cars. Badges were only made to upsell model/trims levels...I personally don't find any joy in being free rolling publicity. I'd rather someone that is genuinely interested ask & I'm happy to continue talking about the driving experience, the engine/trans swap, etc with them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My other car is debadged. The rear is incredibly clean looking, which I find much nicer. When it goes by most ppl don't know what it is & it definitely is a nice conversation starter with ppl that enjoy talking cars. Badges were only made to upsell model/trims levels...I personally don't find any joy in being free rolling publicity. I'd rather someone that is genuinely interested ask & I'm happy to continue talking about the driving experience, the engine/trans swap, etc with them.

See, this is what I like about debadging. It persuades people to ask what it is, that normally may not. Those little common ground conversations are great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.