SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was de-badging the 'SAAB' and '9-3' badges. I heated them up with a hair dryer, and then used some fishing line to take of the badges. There was a lot of left over residue but I eventually got most of it off. My question pertains to the outline of the lettering that remains on the car. I am not sure whether it is actual residue or if I have damaged my clear coat. I have attached some images. Does anyone know how to fix the issue. Thanks :)

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Unfortunetley when trying to clean the area I scratched the paint, could this be easily be fixed by just using touch up paint? On a side note does anyone know the colour code for our cars?

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
If that is OEM paint, base/clear you should be able to get it 95% cleaned up or better out of it... There are all different types of compounds available and then a more aggressive approach would be wet -sanding..Do you reading on those approaches. I dont think you did any damage with fishing line and a hair dryer

·
Registered
19,665 Posts
What did you use to get the residue off?

If you didn't damage the paint, a polishing product should remove the remaining marks from the clear coat. I'd use a compound around 1500-2200 grit by hand, but since it's hard to find the grit level listed on retail products, you could use a product like "Nu-Finish" that says it's safe for clear coat (make sure it does).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.