SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've recieved the worst service possible. this is in the US. At Smithtown SAAB, my car was overheating so i sent it for service. they didnt call me and for 4 days i called daily and finally i got through on the 4th day and they said they lost my key. they had to order a new key and the whole transponder system. that took another three days. then they finally looked at the car and charged me 450 for a new heater bypass valve and coolant refill and labor. that took another 5 days. i got the car after two weeks. i talked to the manager and director and they wouldn't give me any sort of compensation. i asked for a loaner and they dont give loaners to people under 21.

i called my local dealer (not that one) last week on wednesday to order roof racks. they assured me they had it. i asked are u open saturday? they said yes we are open saturdays. I went saturday and they were closed for labor day weekend. i went tuesday and they couldnt find it. i had to call every dealer in my area and i finally found one in manhattan who had it. i will never goto a dealer again.

·
Registered
86 Posts
sounds like a nightmare m8.cant you go to something like trading standards and tell them what has happened and maybe they can get onto the garage on your behalf:roll:

G

·
sjfc 1884 said:
sounds like a nightmare m8.cant you go to something like trading standards and tell them what has happened and maybe they can get onto the garage on your behalf :roll:
Trading Standards wouldnt touch it, they are not braking any laws just because they took a long time or decided to close on a bank holiday. $450 is hardly a huge amount of money for a bill from a dealership. Inconvenient I agree, but thats garages the world over. The real key is to find one that you gell with. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts