SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer can't do it and I thought it might be nice to have a list of dealers that know how to enable the AUX input for reference. From another thread, here's the dealer that Jet 9-3 said did his.

Reinertsen Motors Inc.
295 Route 53
Denville, NJ 07834
Phone: 973-627-0616
Fax: 973-627-3561

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
General Sales Co. of West Chester, Inc.
1265 Wilmington Pike (a.k.a. rte. 202 or Concord Pike)
West Chester, PA 19382
Phone 610-455-1700
Fax 610-455-1728

Oh yeah, Mike tends to be the most helpful.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is great information - please add to the list. I'm particularly interested in dealers in Greater Washington DC/Baltimore area. My dealer - VOB Saab in Rockville - was not very cooperative - they refused to enable the AUX Input claiming that it will void the warranty, and that they don't want to be responsible should something go wrong. And although they claimed to have installed the latest stereo software, I still did not get the CD Changer loaded disc indicators on the SID, which makes me wonder if they in fact did the install. I'd go to a better place if I knew one. Thanks!

-M-

·
Registered
291 Posts
Saab of Westchester
557 North State Road
Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510-0323
Phone: 914-941-8660

Ask for Chris. Helpful, and willing to listen.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
mmeytin said:
I'm particularly interested in dealers in Greater Washington DC/Baltimore area.
-M-
Hunt Valley Saab
11212 York Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
p: 410-527-9595
f: 410-527-9270
http://www.huntvalleysaab.com

mmeytin- they did mine no hassle, id say either stop in or somthing, im not sure how they would be. Best bet is to not be to informative about it. I spoke with Jeff hudson and their new tech (red head girl) cant remember her name, she knows how and had no problem at all doing it.

If they ask why say you need it. thats all i told them, they didnt even really care what for or what it was. Actually then i told the tech i needed it for doing some aftermarket stereo work, and she said oh that sounds cool be sure to show us later!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dirito Brothers Saab
2031 N. Broadway
Walnut Creek,CA 94596

No questions asked. I said, "I know how to do it," and they said, "No problem."

·
Registered
4 Posts
First attempt at Massey Saab in Orlando FL. They said it couldn't be done. :(
Then tried
Scott Saab Tampa Fl.

They were reluctant to do it but tried and it worked. :lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
mmeytin said:
This is great information - please add to the list. I'm particularly interested in dealers in Greater Washington DC/Baltimore area. My dealer - VOB Saab in Rockville - was not very cooperative - they refused to enable the AUX Input claiming that it will void the warranty, and that they don't want to be responsible should something go wrong. And although they claimed to have installed the latest stereo software, I still did not get the CD Changer loaded disc indicators on the SID, which makes me wonder if they in fact did the install. I'd go to a better place if I knew one. Thanks!

-M-
I have the same problem with VOB too, they told me that there is no new software for the stero and that check back with them in SUMMER for AUX.....my service manager is Frank Grob

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Go to Hunt Valley Saab. They did mine, i told them how they didnt even ask twice, the girl that did it is sharp, i briefly told her how, im pretty sure she will remember, if they ask why, which im not sure if they will, tell them you need it for aftermarket stuff, gps for work, who knows i dont think they care.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Denver Dealer for Aux Activation

Mike Shaw Saab
1080 S. Colorado Blvd.
Denver Colorado 80246
Saab Service: 1-888-790-8448

Activated Aux on my '03 Vector. No problem.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Harrisburg, PA

Hey danncas, you listed Lehamn here, did they do that work for you without any problems then? I will be picking up my new 2004 9-3 Linear later this week and wouldn't mind asking them to do it right there on the spot. I've been talking with Jim this whole time (dealer), and will mention it to him beforehand if that is the case.

Thanks!

IQS
(soon to be proud new 1st time Saab owner)

·
Registered
194 Posts
then again...I'm new to this forum

So is this something even available on the Linear in the first place??? Pardon the ignorance, new to the car type completely...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Motorwerks Saab
Barrington, IL (Northwestern Chicago Suburb)

They hooked me up! Very easy, I took it in, told them I wanted some Tech 2 programming and gave them the steps that have been documented on this site. They also did it for no charge. I think I have a new shop!

ajv

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
About this Discussion
91 Replies
70 Participants
Acidradio
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing