SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I would assume that it will go for more than $650, since bidding only starts two days before the auction. With the pictures and information available, I'd only be confident in it being a parts car for a similar Aero CV. Does the top even work? Bid $800.

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
Note that it's a rebuilt title. Check the options in AL for re-title/registration. States can be easy or hard. I'd go see it in person or exercise their "inspector" option (note the cumbersome two days before/NY Eve time frame).

EDIT: Says "Collision" but I don't see it. Perhaps that's a mistake and it's a power train issue that scrapped it? Or it landed on a big rock and destroyed the engine from underneath?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the title being "rebuilt" means it's ready to be registered. The repairs have already been made and it has been inspected by the state. The ad also states "runs and drives". I was hoping to check it out and maybe buy, but looks like I can't get time off work.

·
Registered
17,377 Posts
Yes, as opposed to "salvage"... I think that's generally true. But some states have funky laws on salvage/rebuilt, what you need to do to prove stolen parts weren't used, that it's roadworthy, etc. If it's already been on the road since then you're probably clear but it's worth checking out. Some of those laws are cumbersome to say the least.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
With IAAI the title status is what it WILL be when you're done. Some cars come out of auction with unbranded titles, others don't. The IAAI site will tell you the branding before you buy the car.

IAAI has a bunch of rules for bidding, and they vary by locality and specific auction - be sure you're familiar with the Who Can Buy bit, and the Fees bit!

Edit: You did see this:

Buy Now Price: $950 USD

?

I think you have to create an account to see the rules/fees/etc.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to these guys a few months ago. I was told they can only sell to a licensed dealer unless noted, but we've got someone that will "middle man" it for you for a 10% premium if theres something on the lot you want.

Theres a lot to learn here, but have seen a few Saabs pass through selling cheaply, I was just on the lookout for a parts car.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Could be a deal, but be aware this was a repo or dumped vehicle, not much maintenance was done for a while.
Years ago I knew a dealer who offered to get me an auction car from one of these lots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts