SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine is done. Damaged main bearings see previous post for more details, but i don't want to put the money into fixing it. Who/where/how can i go about selling it to get the most money.

And yes I am sueing

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I remember that post. It's really a sad story and I hope you get some $atisfaction out of that place.

I think it depends on how much time and effort you're willing to put into it, and whether you have a driveway where it can live until you're done with the carcass. A junkyard won't give you much at all, but it'll be off your hands. On the other hand you could part it out on ebay and do very well. I've bought a ton of things there. Clean things likes seats, trim, the SID, and the stereo have great value if yours is broken. So do parts like the alternator, radiator, wheels, ps pump, transmission etc. However it's more work to get these out and ship. If you have space and time though it would probably be worthwhile.

The only downside is it might be hard to get a junkyard to take the car after you've liberated the resellable parts. I'm sure you could scrap it, but in some places you might have to even pay a tipping fee so you'll want to call around first.

·
Registered
885 Posts
why wouldn't Midas fix it for you? -- I would think work is cheaper than a law suit...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts