SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think that p1896 is trying to tell me something that I already suspect... if anyone can please verify that this in fact dead ecu symptoms I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
13,412 Posts
P1896 is not valid DTC for ME9.6 ECU.
All other DTCs points to ECU. Have you double checked power to ECU and fuel pump controller module.

Reactions: zeneffect

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could the battery main switch also cause this problem?

For example... the car cranks now (just wont start), but it wouldn't until I disconnected negative, drained, and reconnected.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bummer, ill still hit the button and try first though for that .0000001% chance.

Thanks for the help and validation, that's why you are the best.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well swapped ecu, no change. Married with tech2 properly.

Fuel control module? How do I test it? I did hook up the tech2, set pwm to 100% then tried to open the schrader valve on the fuel rail with no evident pressure. I can't hear the pump either

The one under the passenger seat?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so... blowing the 30a main fuse for ecm once keynis turned on. Pull fuse, resistance check shows far leg (the leg without power) is grounding some
where

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm guessing (based on fault codes and blowing fuse immediately) the issue lies somewhere in the engine harness that is attached to the bottom ecm connector that is tied with the injector harness etc. Inspected the upper connector bits and didnt see anything. Chances a power feed is grounding out under the intake manifold? Pretty high i think. What fun times...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern
s Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

so based on the wiring diagram, this relay will hit a few different things that could be grounding out. ive eliminated nearly everything except the fuel side because ive a 1/2 tank of gas and dont want to drop the tank if i dont have to. Its possible the connectors got crushed as I rolled over a bit of a hump and it bottomed out a little. will remove fuel pump control module and re-test to see if it blows the fuse again. if not, i know where its narrowed down to.

coudnt find this on the online wis.. had to download it form the techII section here. .Thank you thank you thank you thank you. was driving me up the wall trying to find this diagram.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On connector H7-1, all pins but 1 show continuity to ground. Pin 87 on the relay side also shows.

Pins FDA look like they just run to the relay eventually so I can splice it out and back in to bypass any short. The black wire on the plug shows low resistance to both positive and negative, I think maybe I'm going to find issue where all 3 meet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Black wire (which is actually brown) also runs back to the relay for the AC. seems something is up inside the fuse/relay box in front of the battery. I don't have the time or patience to pull it completely out and unwrap everything today. The only wire that doesn't ground from that connector is the yellow, and it doesn't go to to the relay. Everything else effected leads to it, and so.ething inbetween the relay (maybe the socket?) And the harness ends is shorted to ground. Maybe saturday ill have the motivation to pull the entire harness and go over it..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts