SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DIC Failure ?

I bought a 9-3 1999 2 month ago. I was enjoying my new ride..

A week ago, I was on the highway driving at 150KM/h when a cylinder started misfirering.. really bad.

Scan result :

PO304 (misfire cyl 4)

PO171 (system tooleanbank 1)
PO133 (02Sensor Slow-Response)

What is important for me atm is the misfire problem. The car is running ok on cold start. I feel my car less powerful but it isn't misfirering as hardcore as after 10-15 minutes of driving experience.

I am highly suspecting a DIC failure... The sparks plugs are fines, I tried switching the 4th to the 3rd, misfirering still occur.

Any advices on these 2 problems ? PO304 & PO171 PO133 ?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
It certainly could be a DIC problem. However, is there any dielectric grease on the rubber insulators in the towers? If not, try that first. The DIC should always be used with dielectric grease to avoid arcing over the outside of the plugs which can damage the coils.

John

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
I bought a 9-3 1999 2 month ago. I was enjoying my new ride..

A week ago, I was on the highway driving at 150KM/h when a cylinder started misfirering.. really bad.

Scan result :

PO304 (misfire cyl 4)

PO171 (system tooleanbank 1)
PO133 (02Sensor Slow-Response)

What is important for me atm is the misfire problem. The car is running ok on cold start. I feel my car less powerful but it isn't misfirering as hardcore as after 10-15 minutes of driving experience.

I am highly suspecting a DIC failure... The sparks plugs are fines, I tried switching the 4th to the 3rd, misfirering still occur.

Any advices on these 2 problems ? PO304 & PO171 PO133 ?
Hey I just bought a 1999 9-3 yesterday :D Mine misfires on all cylinders so bad it doesn't start :cheesy: There is DIC diagnosis in the WIS no?

150 you bad boy you drive like me :lol:

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Hey I just bought a 1999 9-3 yesterday :D Mine misfires on all cylinders so bad it doesn't start :cheesy: There is DIC diagnosis in the WIS no? .... I know not ....no WIS have I....
150 you bad boy you drive like me :lol:
Its probably the DIC.
Just flip and see her operate....or no.
Or ,invert the unit, install the plugs and examine the spark intensity, using test spark plugs(my idea)...
Assure that there is voltage available...of course.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts