SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luckily I had just finished overtaking a stream of traffic on a country lane when for no apparent reason I lost all power!
I managed to coast into a private driveway to sit and wait for the AA.
Following a 2 minute operation and £180 later I was back up and running, however I noticed this morning that the 'Engine Malfunction' light was on and could have been since the replacement.

Is it likely that the light would be on due to the DI replacement and does that mean a trip to the main dealers to have it reset following the removal of several body parts to fund the procedure?

Chris

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Four years, x miles on the DI cassette ?

Not good, should be covered under warranty..

Either disconnect the battery for 20 min or so; or ignore the light, the system takes time to reset itself..

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
No, and even if it did come on later, I have read that the T7 (I think that would be your ecu), may have to re-adapt to a new (black) DI cassette. Not sure if that makes sense, since I have the T5, and don't know that much about the T7, but it sort-of does.

I do happen to know that Saab dealers can now download a new revision of software into T7 equipped cars from model year 2000 to help prevent future DI failures. Not a recall or "campaign", so unless you have the DI replaced at the dealer and they tell you about it, you have to go and ask for it... (!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts