SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a problem with the date on the sid. if i do that automatic reset on the date, i would get 12:00 and some random date. i can adjust the time manually, but i cant change the date. is there a setting i am missing?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Are you close to a FM transmitter and tower? I had the same problem with mine in the Houston area. I drove about 10 miles and the date set without problems manually. Otherwise the date that day was September 23rd, 2200. It made me feel older than I actually am.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The auto time set has always been hit or miss in my experience. It does however seem to work ( at least most of the time ) if I am listening to a FM station that has RDS.
Quasi

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cedarvillan said:
Are you close to a FM transmitter and tower? I had the same problem with mine in the Houston area. I drove about 10 miles and the date set without problems manually. Otherwise the date that day was September 23rd, 2200. It made me feel older than I actually am.
no i kind of live in a suburban area. i will try in various other places i guess. is that my only solution to this problem?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If you set the date and time via RDS does it actually scan the FM band looking for a station transmitting RDS time or does it just try to get RDS time from whatever the currently selected station is?

If the latter, then maybe the reason I can't get it to work is that WTOP in DC doesn't transmit RDS time. Although you'd think they would being a news station.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
brianl703 said:
If you set the date and time via RDS does it actually scan the FM band looking for a station transmitting RDS time or does it just try to get RDS time from whatever the currently selected station is?

If the latter, then maybe the reason I can't get it to work is that WTOP in DC doesn't transmit RDS time. Although you'd think they would being a news station.
It uses the RDS Time transmitted on the station you are listening to when you set the time. It doesn't scan the station list for an RDS signal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts