SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you're a gadget geek, then I'm sure you already have a smartphone. Get yourself a Bluetooth / wifi OBDII reader and the appropriate app and it will be able to do essentially all the functions of the DashDAQ XL.

I know for Android, I use Torque and it seems to have all the same capabilities and ability to set up a custom gauge display set-up. I'm sure iPhones have an equivalent app.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I do have one on my other car with GPS and its pretty awesome. Refresh rates are only limited by the car's OBDII sample rate (which is horrible on my benz). I will say however that if you're buying one, its not worth getting the gps portion of it.
I ran that in combination with the zeitronix ZT-2 for wideband AFs and direct taps into stock sensors for boost, Crank position sensor(for rpm), TPS etc in order to bypass the slow obdII sample rate. I am still figuring my saab out since it's my first one and once I am done finding someone with tech II close by I will probably yank the dashdaq from the benz so I can monitor the stock parameters before I start modding this thing.
Since I have an extra OBD cable for it I could run just the dashdaq in the aero if there is anything in particular you would like me to check out for ya.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts