·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several lights out on my car.

A/T Gear shift lights
Headlight switch light
Radio lights

And now my "Fasten Belts" light went out.

So how do you go about replacing those?
And is it possible (or worth it) to replace those with LEDs?

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
The "fasten seatbelts" one is easy to replace though. I wondered about LEDs too, but figured a LED beam of light doesn't spread light out as much as the standard bulb. I think the dash lights would be blotchey.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you could spread the beam out by having it hit an angled piece of plastic first?

Anyway, how do you change the fasten belts light?
i am guessing you take the SID out and reach up?

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,747 Posts
The radio lights - that means radio repair. Disassemble the unit (if you dare) and solder in new ones :eek:

I have a whole dialog on a thread here for replacing the AT selector lights - do a search....on selector light here in the threads...as it is Monday AM - I am too lazy to go find it...but they are straightforward.

The light for the lamp on/off switch - remove the switch - by turning it and pulling. There is a tiny replaceable light bulb at the top - eEuro and theSaabSite have the bulbs. You might have to call them though.....

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
TROLLhattenschatten said:
Maybe you could spread the beam out by having it hit an angled piece of plastic first?

Anyway, how do you change the fasten belts light?
i am guessing you take the SID out and reach up?
Yea pop the SID out and then you should be able to get behind the seatblet light and push that out. Its a really small bulb, I would go to a dealer to get it. I know toyota's use the same lights, probably others cars too. I just thought maybe you might be closer to a toyota dealership.

If your SID lights are out, yea its a pain in the *****, but not as bad as repairing the pixels on one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts