SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded the corner dash speakers with Infinity speakers and was not completely impressed at first. I did some research and found a post where a guy recommended disconnecting the center dash speaker and it was going from a garage band to a symphony orchestra.

The take away is if you do this upgrade, either upgrade all three or disconnect the center speaker.

·
Super Moderator
20,204 Posts
100% agree.

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,287 Posts
I recently upgraded the corner dash speakers with Infinity speakers and was not completely impressed at first. I did some research and found a post where a guy recommended disconnecting the center dash speaker and it was going from a garage band to a symphony orchestra.

The take away is if you do this upgrade, either upgrade all three or disconnect the center speaker.
The Polk db series are an improvement..... if you can still find them.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts

I had the same issue several years ago. Only just returning to try to sort out the issue now. Did not have the issue when I did my wife's 09 Vector with BA35s. They were a huge improvement from the start. Do you have the Bose setup?

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
I did some research and found a post where a guy recommended disconnecting the center dash speaker and it was going from a garage band to a symphony orchestra.

Genius! Sometimes the simplest things are the best.

After upgrading the corner speakers to Boston Acoustics, which sounded too shrill, I went with a pair of Kickers that I had. Oddly, in my NG900, the BAs sounded way better than the Kickers, which sounded pretty dull. It was okay.

So taking this advice, I pulled the centre speaker (H-K, forsooth). And what the heck, replaced the Kickers with the no doubt superior BAs. I have to tip the fader a bit to the back, but I get great sound up front and lots of bass from the subwoofer in the cargo area.

The system may be a little weak on the lower midbass. The rear door factory speakers are even more of a joke than the dash speakers (and about the same size). I wonder if I can put a front-door 6" speaker in there instead. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts