SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After recently purchasing an '89 900 it seems that most of the dash lights are not working. The dimmer knob feels a little weird and doesn't seem to have a real start and stop position (just kind of gets hard to turn), though I don't know if thats what its supposed to be like. A few random buttons light up, such as the seat heater and emergency flashers, though nothing on the main display. The bulbs seem to be good. Is this likely something to do with the wiring and dimmer knob?

P.S., I can see that the fuse isn't the issue.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
change the bulbs anyways, fiddle with connections ect. chances are the sockets and bulbs are worn and broken. check for power at the connectors with a dmm. i'm going thru a dash light issue but fixed iself a day ago, very starnge. the electrics on these cars are terrible!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Also remember the second rheostat

Yup, there's a second dimmer inside the instrument panel. It is the right-hand nob. (The left one adjusts the clock, the middle one pushes in to reset the trip odometer, and the right one dims the instrument binacle.) I have no idea why there are two dimmers on this car. The one on the dashboard dims all the dash lights except those in the instrument panel.

Good luck.

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts