SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have looked around and havnt been able to find but my speedo lights from 0-40 and 90-150 are out. how many bulbs are there that cover that area? just 2?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
likestosaab said:
Ok i have looked around and havnt been able to find but my speedo lights from 0-40 and 90-150 are out. how many bulbs are there that cover that area? just 2?
Actually, I'm pretty sure there are just 2 in those areas. The other bulbs you see in the area are warning lights IIRC.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
True i was just taking a look at it..but even so..I wouldnt just change the two ..because it take so long I would change all of the rpm and 0-160..but thats just me.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
True i was just taking a look at it..but even so..I wouldnt just change the two ..because it take so long I would change all of the rpm and 0-160..but thats just me.
Probably a smart move, and if we find an LED that will fit into our dashes, then we'll be able to change them all and never have to worry about it again.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
well i havent changed the one on the back of the spedo but i have done the heater switch with 12V 60mA microlamps from radioshack and they work great. They are just a little brighter than what stock though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and are they accually bulbs you stick in the socket or are they like the sid and acc where you have to replace the whole socket bulb combo? same bulbs?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I removes the old bulbs from the original socket and the microlamp(look likes small LED) fits right in the original holder the rest was easy.
P.S the green translucent that was over the old LED could easily be fitted over the new one.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
I removes the old bulbs from the original socket and the microlamp(look likes small LED) fits right in the original holder the rest was easy.
P.S the green translucent that was over the old LED could easily be fitted over the new one.
Did you have to do any soldering?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
It takes about 20 mins to get the cluster out thats all :confused:
Says the man who's done it 8 times... Haha

He's had practice! Don't listen to him! :p

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
SectorNine50 said:
Says the man who's done it 8 times... Haha

He's had practice! Don't listen to him! :p
And each time you drop a screw into the centre bit, so its even quicker the next time ;oops:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yeah i really want to do this when it's not too cold..Hey i put in my HID lastnight..very simple indeed too about 10mins with the help of my friends. I got a front light failure the first time i started it up but then the code never came back I love these light they fit perfectly in where the original H7 bulbs fit with no modification and they are bright as hell.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
likestosaab said:
You're sure you didn't just have Night Panel pushed? Sorry, it seems obvious, but I have seen this problem posted and someone had selected Night Panel....

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
MacNoob said:
You're sure you didn't just have Night Panel pushed? Sorry, it seems obvious, but I have seen this problem posted and someone had selected Night Panel....
That would just be 90-150 and the rest of the dash would be out. :confused: Plus it resets when you start the car again I believe.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
And each time you drop a screw into the centre bit, so its even quicker the next time ;oops:
Yup....

Or drop a 5 dollar bulb so deep that you can't get it back. ;oops:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts