SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I plan on repacing a couple of dash light bulbs.I know how to do it ok.My question is(stupid maybe),but can I just buy the bulbs at NAPA,Autozone,advance autoparts etc,or will I have to order them?Also,can you just replace the bulbs,or is better to replace them with the holders?Also I"m going to remove that 'stinkin blinkin' SRS light. Thanks for any input.:)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
grif900 said:
Don't buy the cheap bulbs offered at Autozone, I did once.;)
Thanks for the advice.The only ones I really need are the two larger bulbs that illuminate the the speedometer etc.Where are the better ones,europarts maybe?

·
Registered
954 Posts
the ones at autozone do just fine. they are just bulbs. you do need to get the right ones. look for the ones that look the same. then find the ones that say european models. if you look in the book they provide it gives the part number. I have changed mine with them and there is no difference. and they are only like 2.30 for 2

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
The bulbs I bought at a/z were for the small lamps on the dash pannel. They fall right out of the holders. the bulbs for the intrument cluster are easy to change, anything will do there. Make shure you use the right wattage(I think they are 2 watt). I've seen many clusters melted by the wrong bulbs.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the advice!Got the bulbs at advance auto.Replaced almost all of them,less than $5.Lights up like a Christmas tree now:D.Weird though,when I was working on it,with the speaker out and the sun was shining in,I noticed a shift up and cruise lights on the dash,My car is an auto with no cruise.Also I found that a hand held mirror is very helpful when doing this.:)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
SaabMon said:
Thanks everyone for the advice!Got the bulbs at advance auto.Replaced almost all of them,less than $5.Lights up like a Christmas tree now:D.Weird though,when I was working on it,with the speaker out and the sun was shining in,I noticed a shift up and cruise lights on the dash,My car is an auto with no cruise.Also I found that a hand held mirror is very helpful when doing this.:)
Ok wait "shift up and cruise light on the dash?" What are u having a problem I dont get it.

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
Ok wait "shift up and cruise light on the dash?" What are u having a problem I dont get it.
I'd presume his "problem" isn't really a problem, but just noticing that the lights (or rather the markings on the dash for them) are there.

Yep, they're there on mine, too - despite UK cruise not having a light, and the shift-up light being unused here - together with various other unused lights, such as EXH.

Makes it much cheaper and easier, as you only need to stock one basic dash, then vary the speedo (KPH, US MPH only, UK MPH/KPH) and the fuel etc cluster (Boost, no-boost)

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SaabBlackMan said:
I have a 9-5 so thats why..I actually have the cruise light that shows up on the dash when i turn it on.
No there's no problem.I just had never seen them.I guess all the C900's had them.They just left the bulbs out on auto's and cheap models with no cruise.I sure am glad to get rid of that blinking SRS light though:) .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts