SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sick of having to deal with this antenna, recently it would go up properly unless i gave it some help so i took it apart and lubed it up and didnt see anything wrong so i reinstalled it and then when it went all the way up it was very loose and the mast would tip over by itself.... Today it finally tipped over and i just pulled it out with ease..... I dont know what the problem could be

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Probably something internal is broken or loose.
Se what your local friendly junque-yarde has to offer.:cheesy:
Or , its time for a new one...:cheesy:..
I just play tapes, theres nothing worthwhile on the radio anyway.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is off my parts car that had 78k which is what surprises me... And i usually do listen to cds but sometimes like to see what the radio is playing nowadays... Weird thing is im still gettin pretty good reception with barely if any static without the mast..
Probably something internal is broken or loose.
Se what your local friendly junque-yarde has to offer.:cheesy:
Or , its time for a new one...:cheesy:..
I just play tapes, theres nothing worthwhile on the radio anyway.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You may just want to buy a new antenna kit. I bought two on eBay for $15 and sounds like you know already how to take the antenna unit apart.

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
It sounds like the plastic tooth strip may have broken at the end. If the broken piece was removed at one time, the antenna will be pushed out too far. Like was posted above, get a new one for $15 or so... Ron

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An antenna mast correct?

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
The bottom part of the antenna mast is the flexible plastic toothed strip which the motor uses to move the antenna mast up and down with. Sometimes the ver end of the strip breaks off and then the motor assemble needs to be disassembled to get that little piece out... Ron

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you sir
The bottom part of the antenna mast is the flexible plastic toothed strip which the motor uses to move the antenna mast up and down with. Sometimes the ver end of the strip breaks off and then the motor assemble needs to be disassembled to get that little piece out... Ron[/QUOT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts