SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you Saab ninjas! My name is Joe Herring - I live in Port Orchard, WA (USA) and I've got an issue that to my understanding, requires a tech II to get my 1999 Saab 9-5 back on the road. During my foolish attempt to make multiple keys, I tried to install the transponder from my ONLY working key into the consol, hidden from view but close enough to the ignition sensor that it would always register a matching signal allowing me to make multiple copies of keys for dirt cheap that just needed to be cut correctly. Needless to say, I broke the transponder when it got pinched in between some plastic molding during reassembly. This has been a 2 year ordeal for me and I really just want to get the effing Saab driving again! To correct my situation of a keyless Saab, I purchased a used TWICE unit with matching key, ignition & sensor ring, door and trunk locks etc. from eBay for $350. It was advertised as "plug and play simplicity" and "no need for programming - just swap components and drive off." I should have known better than to fall for the ******** sale tactic... But here are, another big fat zero return on investment and a swapped out anti theft system. (Anyone interested in the original TWICE unit?) Anyway - from my understanding, all that needs to be done (hopefully) at this point is to have the ECU memory flashed and then married to the donor TWICE unit with a tech II. I don't know of any Saab dealers still in business obviously, that'd be like trying to become a successful VCR salesman today. HELP ME. Please - help me with this seemingly endless nightmare and financial burden that has me at my wit's end. Any/all advice is greatly appreciated. Some ideas already being considered - test its durability against my custom, piston powered AR with over a thousand rounds of 5.56 / use it for science experiments with different dangerous chemical compositions / torch it deep in the woods and report it stolen...Welp-there I go, strayed off topic a bit so - hey! (for anyone local) I do have a car dolly and can tow it short distances if needed. Thank you in advance for your time and any effort going forward with helping me resolve this.

-stay healthy yall!

*Aliens are real/covid19 is no more dangerous than any other flu/there's an evil agenda behind the economic shut down

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
You need TECH2 to IMMO code.
Keyless TWICE is junk.

Do not try to insert IMMO chip near ign lock. Car will drain battery fast, because when chip is near to ign lock, TWICE commands car to stay awake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need TECH2 to IMMO code.
Keyless TWICE is junk.

Do not try to insert IMMO chip near ign lock. Car will drain battery fast, because when chip is near to ign lock, TWICE commands car to stay awake.
GREAT INFO! I will correct my ignorant mistakes! Do you know where I can get a tech 2? Rent one/Buy one?

·
Registered
8,096 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts