SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well.... it's unbelivable
yesterday I was driving on the highway. It's a 5 lanes highway.
I noticed from my mirror there was a BIG american SUV driving really fast (90 miles/hr i believe) approcahing me. the SUV behine me jsut drove from the very left lane to the very right lane. And then it passed me from the very right lane, crossing 5 lanes, to the very left lane again, over 90 miles/hr. I was saying what the hell this SUV was doing and then, all of a sudden, it ran over some kind of wood stuff, as big as twice the size of sunroof. The wood stuff was rolling on the road and hit my front bumper........ I couldn't have a chance to make a hard turn because there were some traffic at that time so the stuff just hit my car without any hesitation and all I could hear was a big "bang". After I parked my car and checked, I found out the driver side front bumpper was broken, the side signal and the left fog light were dead, too. what the hell people drive such monster SUV so fast?:x and not even pay attention to the traffic?:evil:

I am wondering how much will it cost to replace the front bumper? I am thinking if it cost too much, I might just put a tape on it and wait until next schedule maintenance.... all the thing is the front end looks just ugly though:cry: ...

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'll let you know when I get my estimate from the deer I hit:roll:!

My lights are ok... but the bumper and hood are completely f'd...

Damn thing didn't even get knocked over. My car is very abused looking right now since my neighbor hit my right rear quarter panel as well.

The amount of damage in both mishaps is amazing - The deer was hit at about 10 - 15 mph (after heavy braking from about 35 mph). Crinkled the hood edge and broke the bumper & grille. A neighbor hit my rear quarter at 5 mph or less and mashed it in (right at that squishy plastic spot the side of the rear bumper)!

Sheesh... makes me sad when I look at my car. And I don't get nearly as many envious looks anymore either. My ride is looking pretty ghetto.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I noticed this from certain GM board, I think this 9-3 is more bad shape than yours:

I drove by a pretty nasty accident today. A new Mustang, a Probe, a Prius, and a 9-3. Medics were attending to people in the Mustang, the Probe, and the Prius. The guy in the 9-3... which was in the middle of the whole thing.. with front, side, and rear crushed.... was walking about. That definitely says a lot about the 9-3.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
SwizzDrums said:
AHAHAHHAHA that's funny.
Is there anything funny about people getting hit or hitting other objects?:roll:

·
Registered
609 Posts
JNGold said:
Is there anything funny about people getting hit or hitting other objects?:roll:

Apparently to my friends, it's pretty funny:x. They know how much I love my car!

By the way got my estimate from the deer accident... The estimator thinks they can repair the hood and the bumper. (I seriously doubt the hood can be since it has a crease in the damage) Anyway looking at $1300 or so.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I was laughing at the car looking ghetto. I can attest to this, if u ever get this car in an accident, it looks really jacked up. Sometimes some cars when they get hit dont look that bad, but with the 9-3 and that clearcoat paint job and what not, MAN even a lil scratch can look hideous. I feel for you man...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
black_linear said:
Apparently to my friends, it's pretty funny:x. They know how much I love my car!

By the way got my estimate from the deer accident... The estimator thinks they can repair the hood and the bumper. (I seriously doubt the hood can be since it has a crease in the damage) Anyway looking at $1300 or so.
$1300? :eek: do yo mean it's just for the repair or replacement?
anyway... how much did they quote you for a new bumper?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
black_linear said:
Damn thing didn't even get knocked over. My car is very abused looking right now since my neighbor hit my right rear quarter panel as well.
I hope your neighbour is paying for the damages on the rear quarter panel.

·
Registered
609 Posts
brunp said:
I hope your neighbour is paying for the damages on the rear quarter panel.
Neighbor is definitely paying. His Jeep doesn't even really have a mark on it. Just a light white scratch on his grey plastic bumper. Unreal.

allankuo said:
$1300? :eek: do yo mean it's just for the repair or replacement? anyway... how much did they quote you for a new bumper?
My estimate for the repair and paint of the existing bumper goes something like this.

1. Replace grille inserts - $142 for the main, $30 for each side.
2. Labor for removing & reinstall front bumper - 2.1 hours
3. Labor for repairing front bumper - 2.5 hours
3. Labor for paint and clearcoat - 3.2 hours

My garage charges $40/ hour, so about $514 for the bumper alone. I think the bumper is pretty expensive. I would imagine around $500-$600 easy plus you'd still have the paint and part of the labor costs. I'll ask the guy tomorrow when I drop the car off. My estimator was concerned about if I had the auto washers for my headlights. Apparently if you do, it's a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Sorry to hear about your cars ...

Mine has a tiny scratch on the wing.. and that pi$$es me off big time.. just knowing its there.

:(

The SUV culture is really getting out of hand

1 - 11 of 11 Posts