SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new gas cap as mine won't tighten.

I ordered one from the parts store, but I got the wrong part. Apparently they changed the style of cap for the 2006-2009 model years and nobody got the memo, so all the caps in the store's catalog don't fit. Does anyone know if the saab 9-3 filler cap is the same style as the 06-09 9-5's? It's the push in style cap without threads.

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
The parts catalog shows that it was only used on the 2006-2009 9-5, and it's backordered from Saab. The part number is 12779140. If you look up the part on RockAuto, you'll see that it's a pretty standard GM gas cap that fits a ton of their models. You can get one for less than $5.00 from them (plus shipping and tax, of course).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The parts catalog shows that it was only used on the 2006-2009 9-5, and it's backordered from Saab. The part number is 12779140. If you look up the part on RockAuto, you'll see that it's a pretty standard GM gas cap that fits a ton of their models. You can get one for less than $5.00 from them (plus shipping and tax, of course).
I've tried searching up that part number on rockauto, but I didn't get any results.

I just tried again and got two results, don't know what happened

1 - 4 of 4 Posts