SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry if that has already been discussed but I have a 2008 9-5 with the stereo with front aux input and was wondering if there is anyway of putting a rear aux in instead so I can hide the wire out of the way

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
The other alternative would be to disassemble the radio, solder a cable onto the circuit board where the auxiliary jack connects, and run that out the back of the radio. Depending on your soldering skills, it could potentially be a fairly easy job. I did something similar in my NG900 in order to add an auxiliary input.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
You could also get yourself one of those bluetooth to 3.5mm aux things. You can get some that are battery-powered, but personally I prefer the one that is plugged in continuously to the cigarette lighter in the front, so it turns on when you turn the car on. I found it on Amazon for like $20, and it has worked great. We have a hands-free law where I live now, so holding + talking on the phone is no longer a (legal) option. If you're interested let me know, and I'll find the link.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, not sure what bluesaab is, I have one of the battery powered Bluetooth aux plugins but was after a way of having music from my phone but without having anything plugged in dangling from the stereo

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
Bluesaab is an auxiliary input device that connects to the CD changer port and tricks the radio into thinking there's a CD changer installed so you can use the input as an auxiliary input. If you Google "Bluesaab", it should be the first thing that comes up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts