tOut - outside temperature
tEng - coolant temperature
tAir - inlet air temperature
tAut - auto transmission fluid temperature
Fuel - fuel consumption

·
Registered
453 Posts
My guess is that the units don't all line up. Standard operating temp for engine is 90C, but I doubt it is 88C outside. Further, it isn't feasible for an IC to actually make the intake temp lower than ambient air temp. It sure would be nice to have the readout right in front like that rather to the side in my '02.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fifty point drop after ETS?
My guess is that the units don't all line up. Standard operating temp for engine is 90C, but I doubt it is 88C outside. Further, it isn't feasible for an IC to actually make the intake temp lower than ambient air temp. It sure would be nice to have the readout right in front like that rather to the side in my '02.
tOut = 8.8C
tAir = 33C

·
Registered
453 Posts
tOut = 8.8C
tAir = 33C
That makes more sense, but at the same time, it seems incredibly high for the Tair if outside temps are at 8.8C. Almost 25C above ambient seems incredibly high at cool temps even for the stock IC. If that is accurate, that will be something to watch as it starts warming up outside to make sure enough airflow is actually getting to the IC.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That makes more sense, but at the same time, it seems incredibly high for the Tair if outside temps are at 8.8C. Almost 25C above ambient seems incredibly high at cool temps even for the stock IC. If that is accurate, that will be something to watch as it starts warming up outside to make sure enough airflow is actually getting to the IC.
in your opinion What is "good" temperature after 30 mins stop'n'go + 10 mins idling on parking lot for any IC? (outside +9C)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ignore my earlier comment. I forgot that you had said it was after idling for 10 min. After getting up to operating temp, the engine raises Tair quite a bit while just sitting idle. As a general rule though, while moving, keeping Tair within about 10C or less of ambient temp means your IC is doing its job.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Awesome. Is this just like OpenSID for the older style SID? What other functions are available and how do you toggle them?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts