SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am EXTREMELY happy with the results of my conversion to run FPT, and I can see that there is going to be a certain amount of "fiddling" going on in the next few weeks (with the car!!!!!):nono; :nono;

When I purchased everything I needed, there were a load of other bits that got thrown in too, including the instrument cluster. While I am going to fit a decent TIM or VDO guage - I was wondering if the far right cluster (petrol, temp and boost) pod is removable, so I can just replace that one, instead of the whole thing, as the mileage is somewhat different..... dont fancy adding 10k to my car overnight:eek:

Cheers
G

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Dial swap

Could you not just get the new display clocked, i'm sure you could find someone 'official' that could do it, I think the law might have changed but there were always ads aboutu for people would could electronically clock the tacho, As your doing it to reflect the true mileage of your car it should'nt be illegal.

I've got a display with 137k on the clock, I wanna keep mine though as i've got 229k on it!!!! Prefere it showing huge mileage! + i could'nt get away with it as all MOT certs have the mileage recorded.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.... or, having had a total brainwave.... i could swap the speedo's over, as i think these are more "replaceable"

anyone got any input?
G

·
Registered
204 Posts
You can adjust your speedo to show any milage you want, be it 000001 or 900001. MOT can't do anything. You only commit a crime if you try to sell your car AND don't tell the buyer the true mileage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts