SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry i havent changed my signature sicne i got my new car.
its a 97 SE. I am having a problem with cylinder 4 misfiring, it not getting spark at all. Anyone have any ideas? i have to drive 6 hrs home tonite and need to fix it asap. thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
well that's different then ;)

not sure i'm much help, but the first thing i'd check is the DI. try swapping another one to see if it works? is the plug OK?

don't mean to question your knowledge or anything, but how do you know it's #4 misfiring? i'm assuming since you do, you probably will be able to figure out WHY it's misfiring...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Do we have two threads of this going?

I too am curious how you know cylinder 4 is misfiring? What that via an OBDII code reader? What code specifically was given? Or did you do the DI test? I would suspect the plug because when the DI goes it usually throws a multiple misfire code. But I believe those are your two candidates for failure, DI or plug.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
after my engine light came on, i went to auto zone bc they are they only place open on sundays with a code reader, and it came up as a cylinder 4 misfire

·
Registered
328 Posts
what was the code #? by now you've probably had to make your drive already. i think you should be fine for the drive, i went for a while on a cylinder 1/2 misfire code before replacing the DI which solved it. hope everything turned out alright!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts