SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a brand new 2004 Saab 93 Aero driver; I was informed that there are several options that can be customized on the vehicle such as auto locking when you hit a certain speed, disabling day running lights etc. What else can I customize or can "SAAB Dealer" program\download to my Saab’s onboard PC?

Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
They can adjust how long the wipers run after you actuate the washer.
They can also turn the 'beep' on or off for the alarm confirmation on locking.
Drive-away locking happens at about 3 or 4 mph.
DRL is a quirky thing at best. Works for some, not for others, and you may or may not have use of the fogs afterwards. Depends both on your software revision and the aptitude of your dealer, it seems. Search for that one, there has been much said.

On your SID, you can set the two climate zones to move together if adjusted by the driver, yet if the passenger moves their control, then they operate independently until the car is turned off. I like that, since I am often alone in the car. You don't have to toggle both controls that way.

Also via the SID can change the temp at which the rear defroster will come on automatically. And you can also preset the volume that the radio will come on at, or disable it so it comes on where you left it.

You can also set whether the full scale speedo is lit when night panel is on, or just up to 85 (ntil you hit about 83, then the rest lights up anyway).

I think you can set the time delay for how long the lights remain on after you leave the car, presuming you flash the high beams before closing the door. Something like three delays, IIRC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks voodoochile, keep them coming...

voodoochile said:
They can adjust how long the wipers run after you actuate the washer.
They can also turn the 'beep' on or off for the alarm confirmation on locking.
Drive-away locking happens at about 3 or 4 mph.
DRL is a quirky thing at best. Works for some, not for others, and you may or may not have use of the fogs afterwards. Depends both on your software revision and the aptitude of your dealer, it seems. Search for that one, there has been much said.

On your SID, you can set the two climate zones to move together if adjusted by the driver, yet if the passenger moves their control, then they operate independently until the car is turned off. I like that, since I am often alone in the car. You don't have to toggle both controls that way.

Also via the SID can change the temp at which the rear defroster will come on automatically. And you can also preset the volume that the radio will come on at, or disable it so it comes on where you left it.

You can also set whether the full scale speedo is lit when night panel is on, or just up to 85 (ntil you hit about 83, then the rest lights up anyway).

I think you can set the time delay for how long the lights remain on after you leave the car, presuming you flash the high beams before closing the door. Something like three delays, IIRC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts