SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rite,

this morning i took off my backbox from my saab 9000 2.0 turbo.

really easy, only two 13mm bolts.
i wanted to see what sound it would make, because im considering a straight through pipe at the back, but i dont want it too loud.

once the box was off i took it for a test drive around town.
the results were suprising, and the car was still relitavly quiet, which is what i want, just a nice rasp, plus the famous turbo rasp when you let off the throttle (snap crackle pop). .
but tryign to find a back box to fit the saab 9000 is a nightmare, ive noticed abbotracing do one, but for £180 :eek:
and i am toying with the idea of fitting a universal backbox but this seems a no no, because of the weird bend that saab decided to put on the end of the tip.
i cant really afford a cat-back because im currently getting my clutch doen aswell, and just the backbox makes the perfect sound im looking for!

has anyone fitted some sort of aftermarket exhaust to the 9000???

many thanks
kev

·
Registered
819 Posts
actually the price for the abbott is shown without vat, so its over £200, then plus delivery. Im currently awaiting the arrival of my catback from them, should be here weds :cheesy:.

i drove my c900 around for a week without a backbox at all, after it snapped off just after the midbox.

why dont you just get a powerflow back box made up or something?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
powerflow backbox?

what you mean get a custom backbox fitted?

i was thinking of going custom but, if i was going to the bother of taking it to a powerflow dealer, then i might aswell of get them to do a cat-back.

i just wondered if there was anything i could do at home? to replace the backbox? with a straight through piece of pipe?

kev

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats a good idea stew

ive just checked out the jetex website,
they basically have everything there i would need?

but has anyone else done this on a 9000?

kev

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I just finished my 9000 exhaust yesterday (new thread in 9000 Mods forum) and it was sort of custom. Will take pics of the Magnaflow muffler/tail pipe tomorrow when it's light out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.