SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any company that makes custom-molded dashboards? Looking to "expand" my dashboard, a la KITT and have to fit a bit more than the usual stereo and HVAC panel into it...

I've googled this for months and all I keep coming up with are dash cover kits that are just contact paper with fancy printing, and not an actual dashboard. Yeah, I realize, there's not much call for a custom dash for a 2006 Saab 9-3, but there you have it. I'd do it myself, but I have no idea where to even begin, and I'm hoping someone has a mold of a dash that can be adapted and expanded out to include more equipment and toggle panels.

Basically, I'm not going to be happy until I'm driving the combustion engine equivalent of the Millennium Falcon, and I'm sure the purists will soon be arriving at my door with pitchforks and torches, but it's a Saab. Born from jet fighters. I just want to add more of that jet fighter aesthetic back into the car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Everyone of these companies I message on fakebook never respond, and I'm out of ideas. Yes, I realize what an enormous PITA this will be, but I don't care if it costs me $5,000. I'm never selling this car, and when the engine goes, I'll get a 2.8 and throw it in there and call it an Aero. lol Someone somewhere has to have made custom dashes, and I want in. Thanks ahead of time!!

R-1

1 - 1 of 1 Posts