SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

After installing my tablet as a headunit, I'm wanting to make it look a bit more professional. If I am to go this route, I might as well go all out. Has anyone ever had their interior materials completely redone? I've seen the Hirsch dashboard (which isn't made for my model year anymore), but it makes me think of the rest of the (plastic) interior, dash, etc. I wonder if anyone has had theirs maybe wrapped in leather, or maybe even a Spyker style dashboard. I want something classy, but sporty and modern. ;ol;

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Flocking? Not so sure if I'd call it classy but I do like it

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking more along the lines of an alcantara and leather combination.

something like this

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I've considered this also. I have a friend who does upholestry for a large number of car dealerships around here and he could get materials dirt cheap and his prices are very good. I've thought about having my headliner done, all leather redone and dashboard wrapped. Maybe carpet but mine is in pretty good shape. Depends on what color I would potentially do. Not sure though, I have some big changes coming up in my life aka marriage ;ol;

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've considered this also. I have a friend who does upholestry for a large number of car dealerships around here and he could get materials dirt cheap and his prices are very good. I've thought about having my headliner done, all leather redone and dashboard wrapped. Maybe carpet but mine is in pretty good shape. Depends on what color I would potentially do. Not sure though, I have some big changes coming up in my life aka marriage ;ol;
did he ever give you an estimate? it would be nice to have an idea of what to expect on pricing.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
did he ever give you an estimate? it would be nice to have an idea of what to expect on pricing.
No, I know another fellow who had his dash on his S2000 wrapped in white leather and carbon leather trim and he said it ran about $300. I have no idea what to expect for all the rest

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I know another fellow who had his dash on his S2000 wrapped in white leather and carbon leather trim and he said it ran about $300. I have no idea what to expect for all the rest
hmm that isn't too bad ;ol;

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I feel like it could definitely use a facelift, have you ever thought about wrapping it with a vinyl? And is it just the center dash piece above the cluster that youre looking to do?

Not sure if you were interested in the center climate control piece as well, but i bought a japanese cherry kit from car-ID for my last saab, it fit really good and looked way better. cost like 170 something for a 27 piece kit, included door handle pieces all the way around, and vent borders.

View attachment 30599

View attachment 30600

still holding up nice. Like the only custom piece for our car ive seen so far lol

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks too aftermarket to me, I was looking for something more like the pic i posted.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yea its not stock looking, but IMO it looks better than the plain black crap, there aren't many options unless you DIY. I'm working on the interior on my current one that has the thread going, and was trying to find a way to do those things without making it look too out of place, while staying within the boundaries of the cars looks itself. Saabs aren't exotic, so not exactly looking for "exotic" materials...not crappy or thrown together either by any means. Just more sporty.

BUT if youre going for the stitched and leather wrapped stuff id be ready to invest close to a grand doing every last detail so that nothing looks out of place (peeling buttings, door handles, fabric, upholstery etc) yeah if done right it will look like an Aston on the inside, but if things dont flow correctly it might look tacky. Don't get me wrong, I personally would love to see the interior live up to the "luxury" class, but it definitely wont be cheap. But I'll support you if you go after it ;ol;

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea its not stock looking, but IMO it looks better than the plain black crap, there aren't many options unless you DIY. I'm working on the interior on my current one that has the thread going, and was trying to find a way to do those things without making it look too out of place, while staying within the boundaries of the cars looks itself. Saabs aren't exotic, so not exactly looking for "exotic" materials...not crappy or thrown together either by any means. Just more sporty.

BUT if youre going for the stitched and leather wrapped stuff id be ready to invest close to a grand doing every last detail so that nothing looks out of place (peeling buttings, door handles, fabric, upholstery etc) yeah if done right it will look like an Aston on the inside, but if things dont flow correctly it might look tacky. Don't get me wrong, I personally would love to see the interior live up to the "luxury" class, but it definitely wont be cheap. But I'll support you if you go after it ;ol;
maybe piano black would look better where the normal black trim is, then the leather wrap by the speedo, then alcantara on the top of the dash.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
That could be a sweet combo. How would you go about the piano black on the climate control? Paint? Polyurethane? And lifting the dash to wrap it in alcantara and leather sounds like an adventure

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That could be a sweet combo. How would you go about the piano black on the climate control? Paint? Polyurethane? And lifting the dash to wrap it in alcantara and leather sounds like an adventure
yeah I could remove the dash trim and climate control trim and paint it all in a glossy black with some good spray paint designed for the job
(http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...iber-Di-Noc-and-Piano-Black-MMI-Surround-Pics)

it will definitely be a difficult task though. but probably worth it. this is definitely waiting until it isn't so damn hot outside, I feel like I'm going to pass out from sitting in the car while in the shade after about 30 seconds :eek:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I haven't liked any of the customs any of you have shown. A detailed stock is much nicer to me. I'd spend my money on handling or performance

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't liked any of the customs any of you have shown. A detailed stock is much nicer to me. I'd spend my money on handling or performance
i know what you're saying, but I think you'll like my finished product.
And I've spent around 2.5 grand on handling and performance... the interior needs some love now :cheesy:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Congrats on getting married!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
yeah I could remove the dash trim and climate control trim and paint it all in a glossy black with some good spray paint designed for the job
(http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...iber-Di-Noc-and-Piano-Black-MMI-Surround-Pics)

it will definitely be a difficult task though. but probably worth it. this is definitely waiting until it isn't so damn hot outside, I feel like I'm going to pass out from sitting in the car while in the shade after about 30 seconds :eek:
Being in texas I wouldn't blame you. But if you follow through I'm interested to see how this goes.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Being in texas I wouldn't blame you. But if you follow through I'm interested to see how this goes.
Yeah I'm at least going to do something to the plastic dash surround. It's all peeled up and just doesn't look good at all. Poor car. :cry:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts