SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting an ebay intercooler and do a custom install and I want to know what size intercooler people are using for this and how you routed your piping If you can post pics of your setup it will help

thanks

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
jota69 said:
I'm thinking about getting an ebay intercooler and do a custom install and I want to know what size intercooler people are using for this and how you routed your piping If you can post pics of your setup it will help

thanks
I hate to say it but please search this issue has been posted several times. There are several threads with good info on what to look for and how to do it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
let me take some pics of mine, I didn't feel like springing for the 140 viggen front mount pipe think i could route it using pvc....wrong, no room for that, so when i bought my ebay intercooler i also got some 2.5 aluminum piping, and than using some 2.25 inch to 2i5 inch reducers i got at autozone for 2.50 a piece, was able to construct a piping system that works very well I must say lol

I'm planning this summer to get the viggen intercooler pipe, to run it differently and compare the two to see if it's really worth it, because i paid 200 for all this crap on ebay, plus 5 bucks for some adaptors, and it has proven very well effective for me, spool up is much better and top end flow is very very nice, esp. with the walbro 190 in there now, anyways i'm going to go run some errands, smoke a cigarette, buy my textbooks, i'll take the pic than and than post up how i did it (as once again the front bumper is currently off again) but thats a different story involving broken parts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Does your bumper cover fit?

I just bought a intercooler from a DSM guy for $20 the only down fall is it is 40x5x2....way to long
But....I was wondering if it would fit below the bumper brackets... since it's only 5" tall. I figured it might be able to sneak below the bumper brackets and it would fill the whole bottem bumper area and end at each of the fog lights.

If it wont fit, I have two options, cut it to size and weld it back up. or sell it for more then I bought it for that would be easy enough, then I could just buy one that will fit right...

But I think it would look really cool across the whole bottem of the bumper
What do u guys think?

·
Registered
771 Posts
project13 said:
Does your bumper cover fit?

I just bought a intercooler from a DSM guy for $20 the only down fall is it is 40x5x2....way to long
But....I was wondering if it would fit below the bumper brackets... since it's only 5" tall. I figured it might be able to sneak below the bumper brackets and it would fill the whole bottem bumper area and end at each of the fog lights.

If it wont fit, I have two options, cut it to size and weld it back up. or sell it for more then I bought it for that would be easy enough, then I could just buy one that will fit right...

But I think it would look really cool across the whole bottem of the bumper
What do u guys think?
it will with some creative cutting, i gotta make a better bracket for it too, as you can see its slightly crooked, but i was running outta daylight on a sunday, and i had to get ready for class the next day

·
Registered
771 Posts
comtrang said:
Wow, that i/c is pretty short. And did you remove your a/c?
Yeah its not super wide, but it is fairly tall, and remeber I'm just running a t25, and the intercooler is rated to 400hp, and flows enough for me.

Like i siad early its been a nice edition, spool up is faster than i thought it would be, and pulls hard to redline, I can't wait to get some stage 3 software now

and no I live in AZ and for my dd, A/C is not optional

1 - 9 of 9 Posts