SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be too difficult, costly, or otherwise to try and draft and eventually build a 3 inch exhaust system? I figure, anything under 500$ materials and time would be worth it.

I'm an engineering student, with access to a nice project lab. I also have access to the SolidWorks CAD program. I guess it might just take some sourcing for suitable 3 inch pipe

·
Registered
73 Posts
can you weld? cuase I fabbed up a fully custom frame for my go kart last week and I'm doing the steering and brakes/final assembly next week (no motor though.. gotta save for a good one) so just find some stock.. and then practice! on some small peices, make welds and bends until you can do it without crimping the steel or making bad welds.. you won't need the CAD, all you need is a measuring tape, steel, a good eye,and time. (fancy things like paper, drawings and angles can help, but not nessissary lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I can weld. Sounds good. I'll talk with some of the guys that are involved with different projects and see where they get their materials from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts