SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Anyword from that dude who started a thread in the "for sale" area offering custom made carbon parts?!?! He was pretty gung-ho for a while.

Anyone have direct contact with him? If possible it all certainly sounds great! I would love some CF mirror housings and front lip spoiler etc....

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I knew that thread would die and Im pretty sure jssaab told him that in the thread itself. There have been a handful of different people that were all "for sure" going to make cf parts in the last couple years and they all dont make it more than about a month. cf work is just too expensive and time consuming to make 2 sets of something and have it be affordable. Just wrap your stuff in DiNoc and call it a day.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thats what I had assumed! He seemed fired up for a while!

And what is this product you suggest wrapping things in?

Thanks mt. aero

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well I can understand the cf guy very well. I see a lot of people here complain of cheap interiors in the 9-5, I´ve offered as of now 9-5 leather center consoles as a substitute for the hard plastic stock ones. They look as great as the Hirsch stuff (the leather I´m using is even better), yet lots of people asked but none were really interested, even considering I gave great prices. Same for wood door sills. I actually get very tired of emails and PM asking without any real interest. I can see that happening to him as well. There´s no doubt that leather and wood custom stuff makes the interior look better, so what I think is; if you don´t have the cash to pay it (as it happens to be the fact with most people), just don´t ask. :roll:

·
Registered
4,503 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well I can understand the cf guy very well. I see a lot of people here complain of cheap interiors in the 9-5, I´ve offered as of now 9-5 leather center consoles as a substitute for the hard plastic stock ones. They look as great as the Hirsch stuff (the leather I´m using is even better), yet lots of people asked but none were really interested, even considering I gave great prices. Same for wood door sills. I actually get very tired of emails and PM asking without any real interest. I can see that happening to him as well. There´s no doubt that leather and wood custom stuff makes the interior look better, so what I think is; if you don´t have the cash to pay it (as it happens to be the fact with most people), just don´t ask. :roll:
Don't really mean to be a smart *****, but maybe if you would let people know the cash price up front maybe they wouldn't ask. So, essentially what I'm getting as is, how much cash you talking? I would like to add a few wood pieces to my interior to match the dash, but I'm not going to chop off my arm for it.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't really mean to be a smart *****, but maybe if you would let people know the cash price up front maybe they wouldn't ask. So, essentially what I'm getting as is, how much cash you talking? I would like to add a few wood pieces to my interior to match the dash, but I'm not going to chop off my arm for it.
It is always hard to say when making custom parts, so please show some heart , if I understand you correctly . Asfaik CF goes plenty to go around from Euro suppliers you just have to look around if you want to pay shipping, and it is worth it for you. Most thing I have seen are 1:1 fit . asfaik

1 - 14 of 14 Posts