SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for anyone that has done the 3" airbox mod, and used an open air filter, Have you mounted the MAF sensor to anything, or does it just hang there like the filter. have you mounted the filter to anything either....

Just lookin for some answers to my questions please.

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
301 Posts
i have a little bracket on the 3" adaptor (from MAF snorkel to filter) but i have seen a few that just hang there, either way will work. almost any 3" k&n will fit...take a look below. the MAF and snorkel just hang from my turbo intake pipe, basically resting on the inner fender. its an easy mod to do and, to me, the sound alone is worth it.
dave

·
Registered
596 Posts
Fat - any worries about sucking something up into that filter with the box gone? Like water or passed-out in the gutter winos?

·
Registered
301 Posts
the stock air filter box just sits in place and is anchored by pins on the top and bottom. i fabricated a bracket that is welded to the coupling (maf snorkel to airfilter) and bolts through where the pin used to enter the fender. if you take it apart it is rel easy to see and figure out, difficult for me to explain.

as far as the hazards of using such a setup, i have never had a problem with any of the cars that i have done this modification to. i am, however, very cautious in deep puddles, just as i would be with a stock setup. if you pay attention and realize the consequences of non regulated water injection:nono; ..you will be fine.
dave

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Wessy fitted a stainless steel splash guard to the bottom of mine, well actually he fabricated the whole undertray mountings out of aluminium and bolted the splash guard and undertray to that..........plenty of air flow, but some splash protection ;)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anybody thats made a splash gaurd,
wanna let me know how much it would cost to have you make one for me???
it looks pretty easy, but i have none of the tools for metalworking.
thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey martin, can you post up a picture of the plastic slpash gaurd. and maybe where you got the plastic from

thanks alot,
Nick

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Hi, I got some 3mm perspex (Clear plastic) from a local hardware store and painted it black. havnt got any pics or a digi camera sorry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts