SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
1. I have an ashtray in my 9-3 that has lost its will to remain closed. I keep pulling it out - and refitting the guide pin, but basically it's annoying. I don't use the ashtray - so I want to fit a storage space there (eg the ashtray delete). I've seem versions with this - are they something that was a custom extra to buy, or is it an aftermarket option that people get. If so - where is the best place to start hunting?
2. Cup Holder - if I find one - I've read they can be a PITA to fit. So here is my question - Can one from a LHD fit a RHD etc - or does it impact on the steering wheel clearance? therefore only a LHD version will fit a LHD car.
These are not critical - but as I have an Auto the open ashtray is very annoying, and its not totally usefully as a coin holder.
Thanks.
Car is 00 9-3 Aero Hardtop.

·
Registered
387 Posts

SAAB part number is 400111985
Alternative part number is 4939872

Copied from an eBay UK sales item I've been watching for months,. Seller wants £60 GBP / USD 78 for it which is ridiculous​

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I didn't know the part numbers for the ashtray delete. 60 GBP is a bit steep I agree. Esaab's price is basically $10 USD but zero stock I assume.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Those things are everywhere here as the ashtray was extra cost... I'm sure someone (myself included) could send you one, although shipping might be rough?

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
I have a both in my parts stock. I'll PM you.

EDIT: Whoops, just remembered you're in Australia. I don't think shipping to there works. I also now see Jvan mentioned that. Sorry... worn out tonight and thinking slowly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes you can use a LHD cup holder on a RHD car. You have to trim the dashboard a bit. You don’t have to take out the dash, just use a tiny hand file.

I did and install a LHD one on my car because LHD one is easier to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Everyone.
Once I started searching with some part numbers, and the right description - they seemed pop up everywhere.
There are a few options in the US, as well as locally here. I'll try those first.
Thanks for the offers to help - Jvan & Bob. I should be ok now.
I just need Eeuro to start shipping overseas as well!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts