SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm driving into the Lowe's parking lot. This guy in a nice (new?) black CTS is craning his neck to stare at my SAAB vert. By the time I park he's out of his caddy, in the middle of the lane, still gawking with his mouth hanging open like a little kid... it must've really grabbed the guy!
Then he follows me into the store asking about about the SAAB...

My ego must have started to deflate as I left the store because I kinda felt sorry for the CTS...

I think the SAAB gave it a little rev of encouragement as we passed it (snickering) on our way out. :cool:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i love it when that happens. also when your on the high way and another saab owner does something respectable like let you in when there is traffic or let you on from an on ramp. i see it happen all the time in my friends mini, but i believe the saab community to be more knights of the round table ish. I got to get my car clean now so people can stare at it also!

·
Registered
108 Posts
As much as I love my Saab, the new CTS is nothing to sneer at. One mean car, and loaded to the roof. Are you sure it wasn't the previous generation (which was indeed kind of blah).

·
Registered
922 Posts
As much as I love my Saab, the new CTS is nothing to sneer at. One mean car, and loaded to the roof. Are you sure it wasn't the previous generation (which was indeed kind of blah).
Correct, just read owner problems, long list. Seats are hurtful on longer drives.

I would get the CTS-V at half-price though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The CTS was a beautiful car too... it caught my attention right away....

I wave at other SAAB owners around here, most of them just Zombie stare...

The 'vert owners seem to be a little more outgoing than the hard toppers.

... not everyone notices other cars. The folks on SC are probably a little more observant and passionate about our vehicles.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
The CTS was a beautiful car too... it caught my attention right away....

I wave at other SAAB owners around here, most of them just Zombie stare...

The 'vert owners seem to be a little more outgoing than the hard toppers.

... not everyone notices other cars. The folks on SC are probably a little more observant and passionate about our vehicles.
I tend to agree, most of the Saabs around here dont acknowledge me either, most of them seem kind of snooty! Definitely not like when I owned my Jeep Wrangler, when I would drive around in that everyone waved!

·
Registered
381 Posts
One of my parent's friend gave me his 1987 guard's red Porsche 911 convertible to restore and clean up for the entire summer of 2000. I drove that car to my internship every day and always got waves from other 911 owners. I thought it was kind of like some sort of club between 911 drivers (never a wave to someone in a boxster -poor mans porsche).

but I know you mean when you talk about other Saab drivers waving.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My head always turns when one of the new CTS' drive by! But I notice the same with CTS drivers, their heads turn when I pass by as well. Both are very sexy cars!

On a side note, I will definately let Saabs in front of me in traffic.. Honda's and Toyota's... not so much :p Haha

·
Registered
158 Posts
You know, I always have people checking out my Saab and especially after I have waxed it and put tire shine on it. I too like the CTS, my dad had one and I have had a couple loaners from the dealer, but it doesnt even come close to the SAAB. Now, if we talk about the CTS-V, it may be an entirely different scenario. Its hard not to get excited about a car with 556 hp and some 400+ tq........Hell, it is supposed to be the fastest v8 production car in the wordl!! And btw, most SAAB drivers do tend to acknowledge each other here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You know, I always have people checking out my Saab and especially after I have waxed it and put tire shine on it. I too like the CTS, my dad had one and I have had a couple loaners from the dealer, but it doesnt even come close to the SAAB. Now, if we talk about the CTS-V, it may be an entirely different scenario. Its hard not to get excited about a car with 556 hp and some 400+ tq........Hell, it is supposed to be the fastest v8 production car in the wordl!! And btw, most SAAB drivers do tend to acknowledge each other here.

Well, for one, the new-gen CTS (the one with chrome air vents on the sides) is a completely different vehicle from the original one that was designed back in 2000, and it drives very differently. So it depends which car you compare to Saab. It also depends if you compare it to Aero or 4-cyl.

CTS is more "luxury" than "sport" but it has plenty of both, and unlike Saabs it's real luxury. Air conditioned leather seats, mmm... And I really dig the new vagon. Too bad they're so expensive.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Definitely not like when I owned my Jeep Wrangler, when I would drive around in that everyone waved!
I think you would be hard pressed to find another vehicle (besides motorcycles) that gets more waves than a Jeep Wrangler. My friend had one and it was very rare NOT to get a wave from another Wrangler driver.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Ive meet all types of owners

I see mid-age to older men in 9-5s a lot of them not so nice.

On the other hand soccer moms and grandmas are seen in most 9-3 ss's

Then the hatch styles seem to just be hand-me-downs or purchased for cheap and people are just driving them to get from a to b.

Very rarely do I see modified or a saab owner who is passionate. There is 1 Linear modded around me and one guy has a 9-5 with saab club stickers ect who was looking at me one day, which I waved. Other than that they it seems like most people just drive their car.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
It has a mean ugly look to it not just mean :cheesy:
loaded or not...most of us would rather spend the moeny on something much better. Oh and it has wayyy too much chrome on it! Only spyker can pull that off :cool:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Correct, just read owner problems, long list. Seats are hurtful on longer drives.

I would get the CTS-V at half-price though.
You said it!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts