SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend bought a manual '97 9000 CS. I understand the only thing necessary to turn a 9000 CS into a CSE is the ECU of a CSE, I've located one, and part of it's description is that it came from an automatic. Will the fact that the ECU is from an automatic matter if its going into a 5 speed?

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Some CS's came with LPT (light pressure turbo) 170hp and some with FPT (full pressure turbo) 200hp. But ALL CSE's were FPT.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is an LPT, want to go to FPT. So would the auto. ECU be different from a manual ECU?

R

·
0 Posts
Shouldn't be as the auto boxes are not ECU controlled, they're pressure actuated.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
the ecu from the auto will go straight in as long as its has the same anti thieft system but you will also need to fit the BPC soliniod too, the only differance between the auto and manual ecu is the auto has less torque

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Some CS's came with LPT (light pressure turbo) 170hp and some with FPT (full pressure turbo) 200hp. But ALL CSE's were FPT.

Wrong! :nono; ;) Maybe elsewhere, but in the UK you can get CSE's in LPT (Ecopower)- 2 or 2.3 litre - and FPT 2.3 litre only.

I've a 2.3 lpt CSE.

HTH

R

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Boxman

the ecu from the auto will go straight in as long as its has the same anti thieft system but you will also need to fit the BPC soliniod too, the only differance between the auto and manual ecu is the auto has less torque
Ah yes, forgot about the VSS. Also if your car has cruise, the ECU from the donor car must have cruise too and vice versa if it doesn't.

TCS also plays a part on the later one's, but not the earlier one's if I recall what Boxman said a while back.

:cheesy:

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whoa, these cars are highly integrated aren't they? With my NG900 every control module seems to be separate, engine ECU, trans ECU, alarm module, cruise control module, ABS module, etc. Was not expecting to find the 9000 to have it all-in-one. This could make the hunt a bit more difficult than I was expecting. So for performance reasons, I do need to find one from a manual CSE, that has the same type of alarm system (wouldn't they be the same if its from a '97 also?), and the CS does have cruise control, so gotta find a donor with cruise too. The receiving car does not have TCS, so will have to watch out for that (didn't 9000 discontinue TCS in '97 for at least the US cars?).

R

·
0 Posts
It's the Trionic thing mate. All functions controlled from one ECU. Makes ECU matching a rather in-depth task. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts