SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I recently had my rotors treated for my 2005 Saab 9-5. I was a bit short on cash at the time, so I bought cheap rotors. I painted them with brake paint since they did not have a protective coating on them. But, before I did that I had them cryo treated by Nitrofreeze Cryogenic Services. I have had them on for about 7,000 miles.

These are the front rotors to my car and I teamed them up with Autozone ceramic pads. It's nice to finally have a minimal level of brake dust. However, the cryo treated rotors are amazing. They have not warped at all (past Autozone rotors I have had have warped with age). In addition, they have barely warn. It took about three times the time it usually takes to break in a set of rotors. The braking is also great, far less brake fade even when wet. I am pretty impressed thus far.

Nitrofreeze treats rotors for a lot of fleet customers. Cryo treatment helps brake rotors with a few different transformations. One, rotors' resistance to wear will be improved. Two, lifetime will double in the least, it is often for life to triple. Three, in cross-drilled rotors, fatigue lines from the manufacturing process will be removed. Four, thermal properties will improve (heat dissipation will be better under heavy braking). Finally, brake fade will be reduced. Here is a link to the Nitrofreeze Cryogenic Treatment page.

Since, I plan on keeping my car a long time, I figured I would try it. Thus far I'd definitely say it is working well. I'll update from time to time, to let you know how they are working out.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
12,576 Posts
Just to point out the brake rotors only very rarely warp. It is usually a surface condition change altering the friction coefficient in patches.

This is caused by poor pad to car performance choice, cheap pads, cheap rotors or very bad bed-in routine.

It is often avoidable. And for the record I am running with a slightly warped rotor and you cannot feel it in the pedal or in how the car stops - no prizes as to why this is the case but can anyone guess?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts