SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I no longer have my cruise control working. I was driving the other day when the cruise control stopped working. The light stayed on, but no cruise control.
A bit of background.

Installed a new amp. Went through the steering column. A week later, I noticed my clutch pedal making a noise when it returned to final position.

1-Once I was trying to figure out the noise, the clutch pedal return spring popped out. As I put it back in to position, I had had play around with the clutch pedal position to get into proper position.
2. Once I popped it back in with some difficulty, I was unable to get the car started. Apparently, the clutch pedal did not go far enough to engage the starter switch. (not sure if I misaligned the pedal while getting the return spring back on). To fix the switch issue, I added sticky pad to help close the circuit when I would press the clutch pedal. It worked.
3. The following day, while driving after an hour, my cruise control stopped working while going up a hill. The light stayed on, but no control from the cruise controls.

I fiddled with the switches behind the clutch pedal. No help. Could it be the brake pedal switch? I could not locate it.

thanks

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I don't think the brake is switched... but don't quote me.

Have you had the wheels off recently? It could be the wheel speed sensor (in the bearing) but you would lose ABS/TCS too which would show on the SID.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think the brake is switched... but don't quote me.

Have you had the wheels off recently? It could be the wheel speed sensor (in the bearing) but you would lose ABS/TCS too which would show on the SID.
I have not taken off the wheels in about 6K miles

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does your clutch pedal have some play to it(like can you slightly move it up with your foot)? reason I ask its because my cars clutch return spring fell while on a trip to Oregon, awhile later cruise control wouldn't work I noticed I could move my clutch pedal up slightly, did that and cruise control worked like normal.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does your clutch pedal have some play to it(like can you slightly move it up with your foot)? reason I ask its because my cars clutch return spring fell while on a trip to Oregon, awhile later cruise control wouldn't work I noticed I could move my clutch pedal up slightly, did that and cruise control worked like normal.
There is play after it returns. When I move it up, it does not seem to help.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Did you replace the yellow clip that holds the spring in? They frequently break. Without it, you probably didn't get the spring in right.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you replace the yellow clip that holds the spring in? They frequently break. Without it, you probably didn't get the spring in right.
I did not replace it. How the heck does it come off? I noticed when the spring fell off, a small metal piece feel off too. I did not put it back on. It is the piece that the assembly pivots on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts