SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to work using the cruise control, everthing seem to be ok, as I came to a stop I heard and a spring come off from somewhere below, it ended it up by my feet close to the break petal. Ever since this happened I'm not able to use the cruise control any more.
Can any body help me figure out where the spring came off from, this spring has end white caps, they look like little white funnels there is one on each end.
Please help...
Winchi , mi car is a 2003 9-3 linear

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,689 Posts
Welcome to SC..

it's the clutch pedal helper spring,only reason it falls out out is because the clips which hold it in have broke..Yes the cc won't engage because of this.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The clip that holds it in is on world wide backorder. In the mean time you can do like i do and wedge your foot under the clutch pedal to use the cruise.

·
Super Moderator
9,689 Posts
The clip that holds it in is on world wide backorder. In the mean time you can do like i do and wedge your foot under the clutch pedal to use the cruise.
no there not,i ordered 2 on tuesday picking them up on thurday next week,which is the earliest i can pick them up..;ol;

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Are these a common failure?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Are these a common failure?
I've had 3 different 9-3s and not had one of these fail yet, but yes it does seem to be a common failure. These threads pop up quite regularly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts