SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I figured out why my cruise stopped working, its that ball link chain that goes to the gas pedal to operate the cruise. Question is: How do I reatach it, i can't really see all that clearly up there untill i take the rest of the dash apart. Suggestions on the easiest way to fix would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Well I figured out why my cruise stopped working, its that ball link chain that goes to the gas pedal to operate the cruise. Question is: How do I reatach it, i can't really see all that clearly up there untill i take the rest of the dash apart. Suggestions on the easiest way to fix would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance
You'll see how the chain attaches when you get in there. I take the knee bolster, the bottom air distribution duct, and the driver's seat out. If you're skinny and flexible (unlike me :cheesy:) you can probably leave the seat and snake your way in, but it only has 4 bolts and takes just a few minutes.

If your chain is broken you can find a replacement at Home Depot. Go to the plumbing department and find the rubber stoppers such as are used on the utility / mop sinks. They come with a heavy ball chain that will work.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, first thing on the agenda. I really want it to work because i was trying to diagnose my non working cruise controll last year and got so frustrated i took it to my mechanic who fixed it for me for 100 bucks. So it not working now becuase of this, deffintly frustrating considering I paid to get it working lol.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well she is fixed! Well i believe its going to work havn't driven it yet because I didn't bother to put the front seat back in yet. I ended up taking the ripped seat cover off and dropping it off to my dad's friend who is a furniture Re-appholstry technician. So with any luck and a 30 rack of Keystone it will come back looking good. I was actually surprised how soft the leather was still, the problem was all the thread and stiching ripped out, not the leather so lucky me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts