SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cruise control,clima fan, heated seats.

In my Saab 900 B201 h 1988 I have this issues.

1. Cruise control is not working.
2. Clima fan is not working either.
3. Heated seats not working.

Any fuse could be implicated or a simply check up to solve it.
I underestand that the cruise control often has problems with the sensor in the throtle, are they easy to solve?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Any fuse could be implicated or a simply check up to solve it.
Is that meaning you have you have checked the fuses?

Fuses aside........some pointers of local experience below.....
Others may/will offer other opinions or experiences so this below is a guide of sorts.........not gospel.

1. Cruise control is not working.

Many elements to check - pedal hinges - slop (not returning to top of stroke), pedal switches (adjustment - contact closure), vacuum hose, vacuum pump, controller box (internal solder joints, connections......) - indicator stalk switch can fail but not that common.

2. Climate fan is not working.

Micro switches behind facia...

Early generation blower motors can fail due to internal brushes being worn down and out of service life.....can be restored to some degree but later generation motors were more robust and better. Dash has to be removed to service blower motor.

3. Heated seats not working.

Broken wires in seat heating pad - common.

Can be repaired with some degree of success but the wires of the heat pad - the insulation goes brittle and cracks, exposing copper wires. From that point on, the flex of human movement in the seat snaps the wire/s again and you back to a cold seat. In efforts where I struck this, I added small loops at the breaks in a humble attempt to reduce the flex stress at the break joint.

Wiring, connections, joints, plastics, hardware - all break down, crumble or just fail.
Remember......it's a + 30 year old car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In my '87 I found that the chain for the cruise control was disconnected from the accelerator pedal ...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both, I know I have plenty of job, but at least all this checks I can do it by myself. Regarding the heated seats I saw in a BMW forum a technique to replace the faulty lines of the electric resistors. Well I have to think this is a hobby. And regarding the connecting chain in the pedals, where is located (cruise control).

·
Registered
8,923 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
In 2018 I repaired Items 1 and 2 of our list - the issues were relatively minor but involved a fair bit of fiddling.

Cruise Control - connector between accelerator and cruise control became detached. I wished I hired a contortionist to reattach as my body does not bend enough. But we fixed it.

Climate Control - My fan worked, but the issue was that the connecting rod under the dash became disengaged from the rear of dash knobs. Again it was getting the body fiddled around properly to make the repair

This was a tad bit easier as I had to remove a lot of the lower dash in order to change out the bonnet / hood release cable.

Good luck

john

1 - 7 of 7 Posts