SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the Tech II plug and play set up that my new favorite person, @Crossblue1 is offering for the masses.
In this post I’ll list all the pros and cons I’ve encountered over the last few weeks of using it and give any other noobs (or veterans) hesitant to pull the trigger on a Tech II a little insight on what you can expect.
First things first. Cross was fantastic with communication during the hold time from purchase to delivery. He has to purchase the WHOLE setup and program it for you, so I think it took MAYBE two-ish weeks to get everything done and delivered. However, if I had any questions or concerns he never took more than a couple of hours to get back to me on anything, which is remarkable. Alright enough schmoozing I already bought the thing.
PROS-
-The first thing that stands out is the care he took to pack the materials. Everything had its own wrapping and was meticulously organized into a relatively small box.
-What it comes with. Seriously I can’t even begin to describe how cool everything is so here’s a picture for your viewing pleasure.
625466D9-BFEA-4F87-878C-F2C375E1FC5C.jpeg

I got everything I’d expected and then some. Dude even included an Ethernet cable.
-Ease of use. The desktop of the computer is well organized and extremely user friendly. I am not by any stretch of the imagination computer savvy, but by God I feel like a genius using this thing. Also, the background is just plain bitchin’.
C5DBEAB6-3433-4D53-B3D3-192D026A17CB.jpeg

-Battery on the computer was either new or very well taken care of and lasts upwards of 3 hours in full use.
-Intuitive selection on the computer as it looks like it could take some abuse (not that I’ll test it) if my big ol’ gorilla paws end up dropping it, but it feels SOLID. Great choice man.
-Everything is already downloaded. It’s like I bought it from someone who used theirs for years. I can’t accurately describe the peace of mind having this all set up by someone who very clearly knows their stuff this gives you.
CONS-
-The track pad on this particular laptop was hot garbage. Now this is NOT Cross’ fault, seeing as how this laptop is old, but the first thing I did when I got it was go buy a $10 wireless mouse....problem solved.
AND THATS IT
Improvements-
I would have liked to seen a little guide made to some degree, like a basic tutorial of how to use all of this amazing gear. Granted the programs all have help tabs that are very user friendly, but there is a learning curve here and I’m still not great at it. In fact it took me HOURS to figure out how to get security access, but I’m also a big dumb knuckledragger.
That being said I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend that if you haven’t settled on getting a Tech II because it’s a big, intimidating, venture to begin; CONTACT CROSS. The guy is a whiz and can get you set up fast, quick, and in a hurry.

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
D630 trackpad=garbage confirmed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have had mine for a bit now and it works perfectly so far. Couldn’t program keys but that’s cuz the keys were older and wrong mhz frequency. New keys arrived this week from Original Saab and will program this weekend.

Thanks Cary! Great to have a package like this that just works out of the box. I’ve spent countless hours over the years setting up VAG-COM and VIDA DICE for Audis and Volvos so it is a pleasure to forego all that wits this setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts