SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '99 se that had a dual pass intercooler and I was given a cross flow and pipes off a t7 9-3. The pipe to the intake fit fine, but the pipe from the turbo to intercooler doesn't fit right. It's like the compressor housing needs to be rotated about an inch to fit. What's the deal and can I rotate the housing?????? Need help bad!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
You've probably got a turbo to I/C hose for a Mitsubishi TD04 from a HOT 9-3 and need the hose from the Garrett GT-17 found on the FTP 9-3.

You can cut the TD04 hose and wIth some of the aluminum tubing from the original I/C and a couple hose clamps make it fit.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the car I got them from was a Garrett and mine is a Garrett also. What it seems like is the compressor housing doesn't line up properly. The outlet on my housing point nearly straight down, and its like the hose wants it to be tilted slightly towards the front of the car. If my housing was tilted slightly it would match up perfectly.

I did get it rigged but that hose has some serious tension on it. I had to at least get it back together for work tomorrow. I never thought about using part of the metal pipe from the old hoses. I may do that tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
be careful with the metal pipe in there make sure its the right size on both end other wise youll restrict flow I did that way back when and used a 2inch pipe and it was slightly bigger on the IC side, and I also ended up blowing a hole in the hose. If you can reclock the turbo that would be best but doubt you can do it on the car. You could keep it how it is for now and make a custom hose with some silicone hoses and aluminum pipe. Check siliconeintakes.com

·
Registered
841 Posts
I highly recommend against trying to reclock the turbo in-situ. Too much junk getting in the way, too much chance of slipping and accidentally damaging the compressor wheel.

I think your best bet is go as win_k suggested and use the hose and some pipe to make it fit. Just make sure you flare the ends of your pipe out and tighten the hose clamps well.

Take a look at this page, specifically this picture for a suggestion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts