SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been over a week from order, haven't heard a thing from Eeuro, tried email, chat ...nothing. Anyone else order since last week and successfully get your order? I'm ready to drive to Tn. Liked it much better when they were in Ct. and I could just go and pick stuff up.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Could be Good, bad or ugly...
GOOD - I find Online Chat seems to pop up fast.
BAD - The issue I have is shipping. They suggested that international shipping would be unavailable for a short period after the change from CT. They have ignored their overseas clients. Esaab doesn't seem to want to ship internationally as well - They have ignored my emails.
That leaves me with very few options for some parts.
UGLY - It could be out of their control ie Covid-19 issues.

·
Registered
17,627 Posts
Er, yes. They suck. I'm giving them another couple days to get back to me, but it's been a weeks long annoyance for an order placed a month ago. Their customer service doesn't seem to care about customers. I'll likely post my story of disappointment in a few days. Right now I have a week old call in to the customer service manager... no response to an on-going issue.

If you call and poke the option for "have an extension", then punch in the first name "Dean" when promoted, you should get the customer service manager's voice mail... Not that he's likely to call back based on my recent experience. And no, it's not the original Dean back from the dead to tun the company again, unfortunately. That guy was stellar.

I know they likely have Covid-19 issues like everyone else, but they still have email and phone access even if they are working from home. Delays? Acceptable. Ignoring customers and not doing the very obvious right thing? Unacceptable.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Probably right now isn't the time to judge a company too harshly... there are a lot of disruptions in supply and delivery chains and customer service everywhere is stretched pretty thin.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE :::: got a hold of CS and for some unknown reason the order didn't upload to their pick server, payment went thru, so if I hadn't called it would not have been found, I emailed Dean last week and have heard nothing from them until just an hour ago, They will overnight the package to me today. Dam I miss just going to pick the stuff up.

·
Registered
17,627 Posts
Probably right now isn't the time to judge a company too harshly... there are a lot of disruptions in supply and delivery chains and customer service everywhere is stretched pretty thin.
Doesn't excuse the lousy service they gave me starting a month ago... through repeated contacts. Dean still hasn't called and I don't expect he will.

Now my "vendor of last resort".

·
Registered
383 Posts
I - like other international customers I'm sure, would really like them to open deliveries up again.
I know its hard in the current environment.
I would prefer not to use an intermediate based 'post hub' if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I - like other international customers I'm sure, would really like them to open deliveries up again.
I know its hard in the current environment.
I would prefer not to use an intermediate based 'post hub' if I can avoid it.
Mort , The issue with them not delivering to Australia goes back way b4 Covid , I think it ceased around November last year.
It was to do with our goverment (tax office ) requesting international suppliers to collect GST on the goverments behalf , I believe most US suppliers of Saab parts simply opted to not supply as opposed the admin $ required to be tax agents for Australia ,
It makes it an absolute pain this end , we are so Limited on local supply.

Great Business oppurtunity for our US freinds on this forum :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
** Thanks Aussie.
With Eeuro - they stopped international shipping when the merger/takeover occurred. They reported at time that international shipping would resume in due course.
Quote - "For the time being, we are unable to ship internationally but will look to solve that issue as well."
That was reported on September 5, 2019.

When I have contacted them and asked what the status was - they said they were working on it, however, to use the 'post hub' solution in the meantime. I haven't done that yet - as I've managed to obtain other parts via the UK etc.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
** Thanks Aussie.
With Eeuro - they stopped international shipping when the merger/takeover occurred. They reported at time that international shipping would resume in due course.
Quote - "For the time being, we are unable to ship internationally but will look to solve that issue as well."
That was reported on September 5, 2019.

When I have contacted them and asked what the status was - they said they were working on it, however, to use the 'post hub' solution in the meantime. I haven't done that yet - as I've managed to obtain other parts via the UK etc.
you may be right , it may be there own particular financial problems ,
BUT many OS Online sellers now will not ship to Australia , it used to be that On line purchases from OS ( under a $1000 AUD) were exempted from GST collection , The attached grab in italics is from an article referencing Amazon , Overseas companies are not overly intererested in being tax collectors for an international goverment ,
This is one of the reasons why Companies like Kogan have had expotential growth playing the middle man. Purely importers , but the tax gets paid ..

Australian consumers have hit out at Amazon's decision to stop online shoppers from importing products from its overseas e-commerce sites when the new goods and services tax regime comes into effect in July.
From July 1, when the GST will apply to overseas purchases under $1000, Australians shopping on Amazon overseas sites such as amazon.com and amazon.co.uk will be redirected to the Australian site, Amazon.com.au

If you ever purchase direct from sellers in Asian markets you will notice that the value declared on the customs slip is either significantly under stated , OR it is marked as a Gift.
I can understand why the OZ goverment changed the rules , trying to level the playing field as well as ensuring they cop the revenue , the On line market although great for you and me as consumers has had pretty major impacts on local economies . I guess they need to see the bigger picture.
Who knows , with the economic climate that follows Covit , perhaps Australia may again become a country that manufactures.... With the amount of people needing work , the Labor market surely becomes cheaper and no doubt major stimulus packages for employers , Interesting time ahead , Locally , globally .

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I had to do a head gasket and some PCV repairs back in mid December. I reluctantly ordered through Eeuroparts knowing the potential hazards. I had no issues with the order or receiving the parts. I do think I received 2 separate shipments from different warehouses, none of which were in Nashville.

In addition, I am local to Nashville and not too far from the supposed parts warehouse. We are currently on lockdown with only essential businesses up and running. The last I heard is that auto repair/maintenance/parts are considered essential. Based on what I've read through this thread, I'm guessing there was a computer issue at some point and their CS department is just incompetent. Maybe the next time I need parts, I'll stop in to get a personal take and provide my unbiased opinion. :p

·
Registered
17,627 Posts
FC: I don't think they do pickup orders anymore. You could check, but I don't think that's an option in the drop down.

Their customer service department isn't servicing their customers. If your order goes well, you can get parts at a usually reasonable price (always check, they gouge). If it doesn't, don't expect them to care about it.

·
Registered
17,627 Posts
Sorry to hear about the Australian purchasing difficulties. Is this tax different than a customs import fee? Making the vendors collect and pay the tax internationally seems to be a new idea. That sort of thing works with large companies, not so much for smaller or for the consumer.

On the other end, shipping to .au has gotten outrageous. I wanted to send a small package to one of my fellow Saabers here and it was $$$. I can still ship to the UK for a moderately reasonable cost. I know it's a few miles to where you are, but it's disproportionaly high. I don't think that's a government issue, more a shipping company issue, but enlighten me if it is.

·
Registered
9,581 Posts
That's a shame that eEuroparts has slipped so badly. I've been tempted to order some stuff from them since they brought back free shipping over $50 and list so many products in stock, but I'll resist that urge now! I've been happy with ordering from RM European, FCP Euro, and eSaabparts. Those three are where I get the majority of my parts, with some clearance products from RockAuto thrown in for good measure.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
GST = goods and services tax. VAT = value added tax. All over the place making harder to ship to some countries.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Could be Good, bad or ugly...
GOOD - I find Online Chat seems to pop up fast.
BAD - The issue I have is shipping. They suggested that international shipping would be unavailable for a short period after the change from CT. They have ignored their overseas clients. Esaab doesn't seem to want to ship internationally as well - They have ignored my emails.
That leaves me with very few options for some parts.
UGLY - It could be out of their control ie Covid-19 issues.
Maptun. Stellar

1 - 18 of 18 Posts