SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
very urgent problem with ABS pump. During restoration of my vert I tried to clean ABS system too. I've dismantled its pump motor from pump itself, clean everything, removed pressure container too, even pressure switch. Everything carefully cleaned and mounted back together. And now: motor of this pump works, I can feel, that even pump itself it rotating, but nothing is pumped out... When I try to "push" some fluid into input from a syringe, I can hear, as pump works against some bigger pressure, but still nothing goes out. When I relaese pressure on that syringe, its piston is forced back. Motor can work on one direction only, when You try to exchange wires, it brokes fuse.
Do You have any idea, what it can be? I understand, that there is some oneway valve inside body of pump, because when system is pressurized and pump does not work, You would lost this pressure without some oneway valve. I started thinking about some trapped air inside pump, what means, that pump cannot work without fluid, but I forced some fluid from syringe. maybe it was not enough... maybe I should vacuum this air and replace it with fluid... I really do not know...
So if someone of You met with this problem, help me, please.

·
4,637 Posts
How far did you dismantle the pump? If there is a check valve inside, did you put that back the right way? Did you reconnect everything in the right place? Is it obvious which is the right place? Is the motor wiring permanently connected in the case? Or can you pull out the motor and put it back?
I had a wiper motor not work properly because I put the motor back in the wrong way around. The electrical contacts were reversed so the motor ran backwards. In the pump this may fail to pump rather than pump backwards. Reversing the wires to the connector may not be enough, you would have to reverse the motor within the pump.

If you take the pump out of the car and supply 12V from a battery, can you then reverse the connections to test? The fuse blows probably because the motor is grounded within the pump which is grounded to the car. Taking it out will remove this ground.

Apologies if my english is too complex, I don't speak Czech...

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You cdaly,

problem is solved!!!
It was air, trapped inside pump. Then the pump cannot suck fluid. My labor with syringe was not enough, there is more room and that air bubble was bigger.
Finally I've sucked halfb of BIG syringe with fluid, connected to the input of pump, move piston backward, so that trapped air was sucked to syringe and then push fluid fro msyringe into the pump. And it works!!! Now is everything back on place, pump works, pressurize the system and power assist brake operation works fine. Now I have someting with ABS, maybe bad sensor, I will labor it later...

Finally, sorry for my english for all, who have to read my posts.:cool:

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
misu said:
Finally, sorry for my english for all, who have to read my posts.:cool:
- hey - your English is fine - better in fact than many of us for whom it's our primary language and far better than my two secondary languages! You ought to hear the laughter when I try to express myself in German or Spanish - seems that no one speaks the pure versions they teach!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts