SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The silicone is a proven solution to the door/window creaks. I don't think I'd spray it in the interior. If you've got rattles in the dash you're probably going to have to nail down exactly where they are and tackle them that way.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
johnc_22 said:
The silicone is a proven solution to the door/window creaks. I don't think I'd spray it in the interior. If you've got rattles in the dash you're probably going to have to nail down exactly where they are and tackle them that way.
I just eliminated one more creak - it was coming from the rain sensor cover behind the rear view mirror - pry it out FROM the BOTTOM and put some felt or foam around the perimiter and stick it back up there.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you erasmus. So the silicon spray does not damage the dashboard & SID materials, does it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
No, the silicone lubricant shouldn't damage the plastic pieces I applied it too. In addition, I sprayed only the leading edges and mounts of the SID that become hidden when the SID is reinserted into the dash. So if there is some issue with the silicone lube, it will not be visible.

But one note of caution: the center speaker sits right in front of the SID, so I would be careful about not dripping any of the lube on the speaker driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts