SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Annoying isn't it?
Firstly: It could be many things, from damaged Sway bar end bushings to A Arm pivot bushings, even the sacrificial ali spacers at the front end of the A arms.
The Ball Joints!..(Care! as they come apart/ wheel comes off, when seriously worn). Even possibly the Shock strut bearing mounts.
Seriously suggest going to a ..respected... Suspension shop and paying for a diagnosis.. at least

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I just bought some new control arms and new sway bar end links, hoping that fixes the problem.
did it fix it. In past ive sprayed Fluid Film on different suspension bits to see if the noise quiets as a back and forth troubleshoot. Man those were the days when I had time for that. haha. not the most scientific. Or expedited way. Has worked though for me.

I swear it sound like squeaky brakes actually. "what is this sound" is hard one to guess.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Great! that you fixed it.. Reasonably easily as well. What condition were the A arm bushings.. central holes elongated to Falling out ?
IMO tho the jury may still be out... early days yet
Dunno how many times I've 'fixed' an annoying noise.. Only to have it return a week or two later .
Turned out that unloading the suspension (car in the air) allowed compressed rubber bits to reform.. just enough to fix the noise.. temporarily.
Hopefully that isn't the case with yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts