SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since putting the dual OEM exhaust on my car it whistles like crazy when i stomp on it. It's not the turbo, cause it didn't do it the day before i put the new exhaust on. If i step on it normally or even just a bit aggressive, it's dead quiet. But if i punch it, once it kicks in it has a high pitched screaming whistle. Would a small exhaust leak or pinhole in the weld they did at my flex pipe make this whistling sound? Any help i appreciate it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Ever since putting the dual OEM exhaust on my car it whistles like crazy when i stomp on it. It's not the turbo, cause it didn't do it the day before i put the new exhaust on. If i step on it normally or even just a bit aggressive, it's dead quiet. But if i punch it, once it kicks in it has a high pitched screaming whistle. Would a small exhaust leak or pinhole in the weld they did at my flex pipe make this whistling sound? Any help i appreciate it.
Possible... Look around the weld it will be black if it's leaking.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possible... Look around the weld it will be black if it's leaking.
Hey slosaab,
There is a sooty looking pinhole right on the weld bead, hmmm... I guess when i stomp on it the exhaust pressure builds up and maybe pisses out that hole? But when I'm in park and rev it really hard there is no noise at all, and the turbo does go into the red so I'm stomping on it. Maybe when in drive the engine shifts causing a small opening in the flex pipe to piss air out a hole like pinching the neck of a balloon.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hey slosaab,
There is a sooty looking pinhole right on the weld bead, hmmm... I guess when i stomp on it the exhaust pressure builds up and maybe pisses out that hole? But when I'm in park and rev it really hard there is no noise at all, and the turbo does go into the red so I'm stomping on it. Maybe when in drive the engine shifts causing a small opening in the flex pipe to piss air out a hole like pinching the neck of a balloon.
Yep that sounds like your problem... Exhaust leaks can do that. I think your right about the engine shifting causing it to leak more. I bet that's the noise.... Exhaust leaks are pesky buggers too lol.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep that sounds like your problem... Exhaust leaks can do that. I think your right about the engine shifting causing it to leak more. I bet that's the noise.... Exhaust leaks are pesky buggers too lol.
It's sooooo annoying and embarassing, lol. I see young guys putting stuff on their Honda's to make this noise, i can't frigging get rid of it. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It's sooooo annoying and embarassing, lol. I see young guys putting stuff on their Honda's to make this noise, i can't frigging get rid of it. Thanks for your input.
Yeah I feel ya. I hate the fart can craze I had a cavalier with a dynomax super turbo before my Saab. Now I love the quite exhaust lol... Hope you get her fixed man.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yeah I feel ya. I hate the fart can craze I had a cavalier with a dynomax super turbo before my Saab. Now I love the quite exhaust lol... Hope you get her fixed man.
I think you need to look up the definition of a fart can. Dynomax super turbo is not one of them.

·
Registered
521 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts