SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so, i was driving home tonight after dropping off the lady freind, and i noticed hte car started to shake A LOT more then before...when i first jumped in the car this morning, it was vibrating a little but nohting serious, so i pumped some air in the tires, and it went away. But then later tonight it happneed again, check the tires, maybe i had a slow leak, but they were fine. So then i figured ok, whatever and ignored it.

I got stuck in traffic, and when i was going slowly, it was like i was driving over a hump on the driver side over and over again when the wheels rotated..I kept driving anyways, didnt feel it much when i drove faster. So almost on the way home after about an hour and 30 minute drive, near my exit the car started to get ridiculous and the shaking was just insane!!! So then i got off my exit, drove home, thinking i had a flat because it felt as if i was driving with a flat, but i didnt have one! So now im really confused, it seemed to be comig fromt he the front driver side front wheel but then i took it for a nother spin about 10mins ago, and it seems like its coming from the read driver side...i know my car used to make a weird sound when i turned to the right when i went a little fast,,,maybe one of the bearingS? but it doesnt seem to be the problem...any ideas?

thanks

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Lemme guess...

it's those cheap-*** wheels you got that don't fit the car? I remember fitting a set of wheels to a Mazda where the wheel centre bore was 3mm too small. The car sounded like it was falling apart, and I lost fillings I didn't even have.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
To echo 900t, is this with the 17" wheels you describe here?

Once we establish that, it will be possible to be a bit more specific.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope, havent put on the wheels yet, still waiting for the spacers.....i think its a wheel bearing, but i could be wrong, but i got someone to drive my car, and my wheel wobbles from side to side, going to check the wheel lugs tho...hopefully its just lose!!! If its a wheel bearing, is that a easy fix to do yourself?

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Check your ball joints and CV joints and your steering rack as well!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
doH!

alright, well turns out it was jsut my tires...for some reason there was a chunk missing which then exposed some of the wires and such...the tire got warped and then creating the vibrating....opps! thanks god it was just that! I had some older tires and rims laying around, so im using that for now!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Don't drive on those tires

You've got the right idea to not drive on those tires. Any tire missing tread, especially with exposed steel belts, is dangerous to drive on. It's good that you have an extra wheel lying around, ready for use.

Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts