SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '93 n/a 900 that I love, but that has a seat heater that wants me broiled. Basically, the heater is on even when the switch is off. I have a friend at the local Saab dealership who told me that I needed a new switch, and he had a whole bag full of seat-heater switches from dead 900's that I could pick through. I thought that I had a good switch until about a day ago, when the seat heater seems to be back on. I have two questions:

1) could this be something other than the switch?

2) my friend and his bag of extra switches are away on vacation for a week, and until then I'd like to disconnect the seat-heater. If I took out the switch, would that do it? I looked for the fuse, and I found (in the Bentley manual) a yellow 20 fuse under the rear seat that was supposed to cover the seat heater, overhead lights and key reminder bell, but, when removed, did none of those.

·
Saab Mad
14,069 Posts
Underneath the front seat is the electrical connector for the heat pad. Disconnect that and seat heating will be disabled.

There's a temperature sensor in the heat pad. When that goes wonky it can cause the seat to heat up when it shouldn't. That's true for the auto-heated seats, but yours might be different as you have a dashboard temperature control.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts