SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every since i got that code said random multiple cylinder misfire (90300) I've been getting really crappy MPG.. I got the PCV update...new filter and snorkel and new plugs.. I just dont know.. I bought gas tonight got about a quarter tank of gas exactly it said I had 115miles on my SID. drove literally 16miles and not the SID said i have 35 miles left and my gas light is on.;.what the hell is going on.?:(

·
Registered
130 Posts
What's the car acting/driving like? Is it 100% normal other than the gas mileage problem? Or is it accelerating poorly, lots of rough idle?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Random multiple cylinder misfires point to the DI dying, poor performance/mpg are typical symptoms of this.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dward said:
What's the car acting/driving like? Is it 100% normal other than the gas mileage problem? Or is it accelerating poorly, lots of rough idle?
Yeah when it starts up. The sound is awful until it warms up but when i just start it up..it sounds like there is a weird rough nose coming from the engine area near the downpipe i have stock my head down there a few time to see what it could be..but I couldnt determine the cause. I do have poor accelaeration though and yeah the car trembles a little. I dont know I will try changing the DI cassette.. not now though low on cash.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Exhaust manifold blowing? :confused:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
Exhaust manifold blowing? :confused:
I really dont know the sound goes away when the car heats up and the car sounds like it normally would. But I dont know it feel so sluggish. I dont know what to do.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
If a manifold stud is broken the gasket isnt tight - then the noise is louder until the thing heats up and fills the gap........not sure that it kills the MPG or performance though.....:confused:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
If a manifold stud is broken the gasket isnt tight - then the noise is louder until the thing heats up and fills the gap........not sure that it kills the MPG or performance though.....:confused:
Ohh ok.. wellI will have to bring it to my mechanic and have him check it out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
A faulty Airflow meter can make the car run in 'cold startup' mode permanently burning more fuel. Though your fuel lose seems very excessive.

You've checked obvious stuff like theres not fuel leaks anywhere right?

Otherwise the DI seems to be the most logical bet, considering they do break...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AdrianB said:
A faulty Airflow meter can make the car run in 'cold startup' mode permanently burning more fuel. Though your fuel lose seems very excessive.

You've checked obvious stuff like theres not fuel leaks anywhere right?

Otherwise the DI seems to be the most logical bet, considering they do break...
I would not know how to check for fuel leaks but I guess thats something I could change"the MAF" and I do plan on changing the DI cassette as well. Thanks

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
You can get your D.I. Cassette replaced for free at a Saab dealership. They had a recall on them, give them a ring.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SectorNine50 said:
You can get your D.I. Cassette replaced for free at a Saab dealership. They had a recall on them, give them a ring.
I already did. it was replaced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts